• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Singabull's Rays Rants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

His slider is dead lately, which is typical if you've got an elbow injury, since the slider stresses the elbow more than the fastball or change up.

My bet is he's hurt and playing through it.

A possibility.  In a pennant race, I'd much rather have Kaz pitching through injury than a rookie who's spent a half season in the minors.  This isn't football, it's baseball.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

His slider is dead lately, which is typical if you've got an elbow injury, since the slider stresses the elbow more than the fastball or change up.

The slider's been dead most of the season.  He's been using fastball and changeup but he can't throw a freaking strike so every batter just sits there and wais for his pitch count to get up.  And when the count is 3-1 or 3-2, they know they'll get a ball right over the plate.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

A possibility.  In a pennant race, I'd much rather have Kaz pitching through injury than a rookie who's spent a half season in the minors.  This isn't football, it's baseball.

Which is probably why they're trying to keep Percy in the closer role by working through it ......

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Even when he's going relatively well they've held his pitch count down (come to think of it, they do this with most of the starters).

Oh, and the Rays won the game anyway, so STFU Sing.

Even when he's going relatively well they've held his pitch count down (come to think of it, they do this with most of the starters).

Oh, and the Rays won the game anyway, so STFU Sing.

So since they won it's ok that kaz sucks right now?  That's the dumbest logic ever.  The post wasn't about the rays winning the game (which was great), it was about the downward spiral of kazmir.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Kaz is in a slump.  Unfortunately the only way to get out of it is to work through it.  He'll get there.

The post wasn't about the rays winning the game

Of course it wasn't.... The Rays have their most dramatic comeback win in years, if not ever, yet you don't even mention it and are fixated on Kazmir's not so stellar outing ...... You must be a joy to live with.

Of course it wasn't.... The Rays have their most dramatic comeback win in years, if not ever, yet you don't even mention it and are fixated on Kazmir's not so stellar outing ...... You must be a joy to live with.

No, it's just that I've been saying kazmir is not that good for a while now and you all keep defending him to the death.  He's not good.  Maybe he will be but this location problem has been a problem for a while now.

No, it's just that I've been saying kazmir is not that good for a while now and you all keep defending him to the death.  He's not good.  Maybe he will be but this location problem has been a problem for a while now.

I can just picture it now .... 7th game of the 2008 World Series and we have a 6-5 lead over the Phillies going into the 9th. Percy comes in and gives up a two run homer to Jimmy Rollins. Bottom of the ninth, Pena hits a 2 out, 3-2 pitch into the sting ray tank with Aki on second to finish off a miraculous year  ........ and your first post game thread will be about Percy blowing the save.

I can just picture it now .... 7th game of the 2008 World Series and we have a 6-5 lead over the Phillies going into the 9th. Percy comes in and gives up a two run homer to Jimmy Rollins. Bottom of the ninth, Pena hits a 2 out, 3-2 pitch into the sting ray tank with Aki on second to finish off a miraculous year  ........ and your first post game thread will be about Percy blowing the save.

That's pretty funny but I wouldn't go that far.

Archived