• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ATHLETIC/MARKETING DEPARTMET - SEND ESPN A FRIGGEN HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

ESPN airs the product, it's ESPN's job to ensure content.

Did the USF marketing folks push to have USF in the 'helmet contest' to begin with,

or did this spur from ESPN's "we have to come up with something related to football" department?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think the USF fans are the only ones who realize its not the "real" helmet.  its not that big of a deal.

• Content Count:  7,201

Still, if someone is promoting something which does not accurately reflect your product, it would be in the marketer's best interest to ensure that the logo/helmet/etc gets corrected.

If I were in charge of marketing and saw a misrepresentation of my product on national tv, I'd jump through hoops to get that rectified.  Sending in 4 - 5 helmets at $100 a pop is not a big deal and should be done.  Heck, I'd recommend sending an actual team helmet rather than a replica.... 

We are new to the national football scene, which is why ESPN probably doens't have one.  We bare the responsibility to rectify that, not them....

It is a minor issue, but someone should take it seriously and work it up through our ESPN channels....  We are going to be on ESPN a lot this year, so this shoud get resolved quickly.....

• Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  1

They are about to cover this right now on College Football Live.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

MARKETING.....SEND ESPN A FREAKING HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

While its not USF's fault for ESPN having a 2nd rate helmet, the simple fix would be for our Athletic Department to send them a good one.  We've basically gotten two days worth of free pub from ESPN with the bad helmet.  Do the right thing. 

• Content Count:  7,201

While its not USF's fault for ESPN having a 2nd rate helmet, the simple fix would be for our Athletic Department to send them a good one.  We've basically gotten two days worth of free pub from ESPN with the bad helmet.  Do the right thing. 

amen....

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Still, if someone is promoting something which does not accurately reflect your product, it would be in the marketer's best interest to ensure that the logo/helmet/etc gets corrected.

If I were in charge of marketing and saw a misrepresentation of my product on national tv, I'd jump through hoops to get that rectified.  Sending in 4 - 5 helmets at $100 a pop is not a big deal and should be done.  Heck, I'd recommend sending an actual team helmet rather than a replica.... 

We are new to the national football scene, which is why ESPN probably doens't have one.  We bare the responsibility to rectify that, not them....

It is a minor issue, but someone should take it seriously and work it up through our ESPN channels....  We are going to be on ESPN a lot this year, so this shoud get resolved quickly.....

helmets are not 100 dollars.... they are quite a bit more than that...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

helmets are not 100 dollars.... they are quite a bit more than that...

I'm sure the athletics department could squeeze the cash out of there budget to get free press...

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

ok, i just saw the "helmet" that they are using.  i take what i said back....SEND THEM ONE NOW!

that thing they are using looks like it was painted with a can of 1.99 spray paint you would  buy from wal-mart.

Archived