• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ATHLETIC/MARKETING DEPARTMET - SEND ESPN A FRIGGEN HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

This has been said for two years now I believe...AND I'M TIRED OF A LACK OF ACTION!

Our Marketing department has stepped up big time this year.  But for $109.00 (probably half that price for the athletic dept. itself) the athletic or marketing departments need to get off of their ass and mail ESPN a helment!!  I'm pretty sure there have already been posts about this...but maybe we need to organize a phone call drive tonight/tomorrow to get them off of their ass.  They probably need to send 3-4...that way College Game Day can keep one in their trailer, the Sports Center studio can keep them in their storage, the College Football Live studio can keep them in their storage...and then they can have a spare somewhere. 

Watching cfl today was EMBARASSING.  If I was Rese Davis I honestly would have done the same thing today in that studio.  Comparing the Notre Dame helment with a USF sticker on it to USC is a joke...USC deserved to win.  Comparing the pictures that were posted online is another story...and in all honesty, Rese Davis probably never checked online and didn't even know who was matched up today until the show went live.  He probably assumed it was two pictures of the same helmet they were showing in the studio.

Does anyone have the phone number for Marketing or Athletics??  Lets get this phone drive going so we're not embarassed next week when we flood the poll and defeat FSU or Ohio State.  I have a distant friend in the athletic department that i'm going to call tomorrow to start pushing this.

I WANT TO SEE A USF HELMET IN THAT STUDIO!

GO BULLS!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  880

agreed.  it is a joke that the helmet that ESPN used has a backwards sticker on one side.  please get them the goods ASAFP!!!!

• Content Count:  526

Last time I checked ESPN is bringing in millions of dollars in profits to Disney.  I'm of the opinion that they should provide the helmet if they're going to cover us, especially if they're going to put us in their helmet clash. 

It does show a lack of respect but I don't know if they would even use a helmet that USF sent them.  Its tragic.

• Content Count:  420

This has been said for two years now I believe...AND I'M TIRED OF A LACK OF ACTION!

Our Marketing department has stepped up big time this year.  But for $109.00 (probably half that price for the athletic dept. itself) the athletic or marketing departments need to get off of their ass and mail ESPN a helment!!  I'm pretty sure there have already been posts about this...but maybe we need to organize a phone call drive tonight/tomorrow to get them off of their ass.  They probably need to send 3-4...that way College Game Day can keep one in their trailer, the Sports Center studio can keep them in their storage, the College Football Live studio can keep them in their storage...and then they can have a spare somewhere. 

Watching cfl today was EMBARASSING.  If I was Rese Davis I honestly would have done the same thing today in that studio.  Comparing the Notre Dame helment with a USF sticker on it to USC is a joke...USC deserved to win.  Comparing the pictures that were posted online is another story...and in all honesty, Rese Davis probably never checked online and didn't even know who was matched up today until the show went live.  He probably assumed it was two pictures of the same helmet they were showing in the studio.

Does anyone have the phone number for Marketing or Athletics??  Lets get this phone drive going so we're not embarassed next week when we flood the poll and defeat FSU or Ohio State.  I have a distant friend in the athletic department that i'm going to call tomorrow to start pushing this.

I WANT TO SEE A USF HELMET IN THAT STUDIO!

GO BULLS!

Marketing & Event Management  

Ayodele Taylor-Dixon, Assistant Athletic Director/Marketing & Event Management (813) 974-0521 ayo@admin.usf.edu

Tina Kelly, Marketing & Event Coordinator (813) 974-0410 tkelly@admin.usf.edu

Karlos Tellez, Creative Coordinator (813) 974-7316 ktellez@admin.usf.edu

Sports Marketing Assistants, Sports Marketing Assistants (813) 974-3517 athmkt01@admin.usf.edu

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

please-- this is important?

how about espn start being professional enough to carry actual helmets from every BCS school instead--- they are to blame, not USF imo

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

how about espn start being professional enough to carry actual helmets from every BCS school instead--- they are to blame, not USF imo

I totally agree with you!

• Content Count:  1,981

I agree. USF is not to blame, however, since we know how lazy ESPN can be with things like these we just need to be proactive about it.

• Content Count:  307

I agree. USF is not to blame, however, since we know how lazy ESPN can be with things like these we just need to be proactive about it.

I agree...I could almost understand it two years ago.  Last year I was really upset.  But now this is just pathetic!  This is on both sides now.  If ESPN is too lazy to do it, we need to step it up for our own sake.

I will be calling every one of those numbers tomorrow morning and am sending an e-mail to each address. 

We can change this within 24 hours if we all make the effort!

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP.  This is getting embarrasing looking at some fake USF helmet someone at ESPN slapped together.

Get er done!!!  Someone, anyone send them a helmet.

• Content Count:  971

Don't we still have some marketing deal with ESPN Regional?  Send the new helmet through proper channels, but hurry!

Archived