• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And you all say we are not rivals... The USF Alumni Magazine must disagree

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Just stopped in to ask why this thread is still alive... Those who are arguing against a "rivalry" existing have conceded loss by that fact.

Sheriff 1

Opponent 0

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Just stopped in to ask why this thread is still alive... Those who are arguing against a "rivalry" existing have conceded loss by that fact.

Sheriff 1

Opponent 0

So, thread is started on an incorrect premise ..... thread is kept alive by volumes of evidence as to why the premise is incorrect ... but this miraculously now makes the premise valid because ....... because ... because .... help me out here.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

All things being equal, meaning no conference games. Pretend USF was an independent this year. If there was one game that you really really don't want to lose it's UCF. That's a rivalry. You guys can say whatever you want, but the there is a difference in the atmosphere when we play UCF no matter the records. That's a rivalry They are not an Elon, or Western Kentucky, or FAU. There is a sense of pride when you see a UCFer and you say you went to USF. Thats a rivalry. Whether you like it or not....its the truth.

But, all things are NOT equal, so you can't use that argument.  The fact is USF is in a BCS conf. and UCF is not.  That is one very huge reason why this will never be a so called true rivalry.  I would MUCH rather play UM every year than UCF.  I am surprised you don't get that.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

All things being equal, meaning no conference games. Pretend USF was an independent this year. If there was one game that you really really don't want to lose it's UCF. That's a rivalry. You guys can say whatever you want, but the there is a difference in the atmosphere when we play UCF no matter the records. That's a rivalry They are not an Elon, or Western Kentucky, or FAU. There is a sense of pride when you see a UCFer and you say you went to USF. Thats a rivalry. Whether you like it or not....its the truth.

But, all things are NOT equal, so you can't use that argument.  The fact is USF is in a BCS conf. and UCF is not.  That is one very huge reason why this will never be a so called true rivalry.  I would MUCH rather play UM every year than UCF.  I am surprised you don't get that.

It's not about who we would rather play every year! I think we all would rather play UM, rather than UCF. We would all be stupid not to! But until that begins next year, it is about calling a dog a dog and a cat a cat!

• Content Count:  99

Get what? Since when can we not play Miami and UCF. We added WKU in UCFs spot not Miami. Miami should not even be part of this argument.

• Content Count:  1,894

Yes they should be in the dicussion. Ucf by no means is a throw away game. Miami is the new in-state series for us, not ucf. That's why they are in discussion. I don't think you can say we replaced them with that other team because Ucf was a game we would of played every year. Now we got Miami for the next 5. I'd say they replaced the Ucf game.

Ucf is a mouse not a dog, and lol not to sound like a broken record but NOT OUR RIVAL lol.

• Content Count:  99

Ditch the old rivalry and embrace the new one that starts next year in Miami.

b/c I am sure Miami thinks it's a rivalry. And again you can have more than one rival!

• Content Count:  3,827

You three are smart, and incredible fans...so why try to force the issue?  At some level they're a rival, hell every school is a rival of one another because we all compete for the same dollars, the same fans, the same media attention, the same goals...so by that definition that was spelled out by Bulls I then UF is our rival, and FSU is our rival and so on.  UCF is a competitive rival with us as much as any other state school,to put geographic boundaries on it is limiting the scope of the rivalry definition...does that mean OKST is more of a rival to OK then Texas?  Some will argue differently despite geographic issues, they're just different rivals. 

At some level UCF will always be a 'rival' of ours, but so will other state schools.  What if we start a heated and very competitive rivalry with Miami in this upcoming six game series?  Do you think we should drop that rivalry in lieu of UCF because of geography?  That's the big point, being go with the flow, the University is obviously embracing a rivalry with Miami, even going as far as starting to schedule to game during rivalry weekend in FL (Thanksgiving weekend).  So if USF finds that more appealing despite what the UCF 'rivalry' offers then I am all for embracing that one first and seeing what comes of it.  UCF will always offer some rivalry potentials in other sports, and perhaps it will come about again in football, but for the time being I am willing to let the football program decide it's own fate and go with the flow.

Finally, someone who gets it. I'm tired of all these USF fans who look down upon UCF. Yeah, we've kicked their ass, and yeah it's fun as hell to do so, but it wasn't that  long ago that THEY were the more prestigious program...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Finally, someone who gets it. I'm tired of all these USF fans who look down upon UCF. Yeah, we've kicked their ass, and yeah it's fun as hell to do so, but it wasn't that  long ago that THEY were the more prestigious program...

Define "prestigious"...

Archived