• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOL refuses to talk to the only major paper in Mouse Town...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

While I can understand UCF and Gol being upset about what they think is shabby treatment by the Sentinel. I do think they are making a huge mistake here is why.

Todays Miami Herald has a story on each school from the coaches meeting.

USF's is about becoming the new "U" and its billboards etc.

UCF's is about Gol and the Sentinel not talking and attaching it to Plancher's death.

Now I wonder how many other state paper's made this temper tantrum the ONLY news about UCF?

Not good PR for a program that just won CUSA, was picked to win East again and just had Kevin Smith a great story from RIGHT here in Miami and all you hear is negative info.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

While I can understand UCF and Gol being upset about what they think is shabby treatment by the Sentinel. I do think they are making a huge mistake here is why.

UCF's is about Gol and the Sentinel not talking and attaching it to Plancher's death.

Now I wonder how many other state paper's made this temper tantrum the ONLY news about UCF?

Not good PR for a program that just won CUSA, was picked to win East again and just had Kevin Smith a great story from RIGHT here in Miami and all you hear is negative info.

Exactly.  In all honesty, none of us were there when Dorsey or Plancher went into arrest.  USF's reaction was seemingly the polar opposite of the UCF reaction.  Leavitt talked about it again and again.  I'm sure there were things that were not disclosed, either for legal reasons or out of respect for the family.  But USF was at least seemingly as open and honest as possible.  UCF closed ranks an refused to talk, and even censored other players for talking about it.  Maybe they are hiding something, maybe not.  It doesn't really matter.  USF was rightfully praised for their response, while UCF is being rightfully called out.

Taking USF out of the equation, FSU had the same response when the incident happened with Darling.  In the long run, an incident like this can destroy you if you don't handle it well.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

other than bianche who has a tendency to trash everyone outside of UF, I don't remember  many OS articles trashing USF players..

what about your moron reporter that came into our Athletic Center and rode the bull.

That was former Tampa Tribune reporter and UF Grad David Whitley.

PS. In 2006, it was a pre-game article by Bianchi, another UF Grad, that had Leavitt riled up so much that he read the article to the team prior to them taking the field at the Citrus Bowl.

Exactly.  In all honesty, none of us were there when Dorsey or Plancher went into arrest.  USF's reaction was seemingly the polar opposite of the UCF reaction.  Leavitt talked about it again and again.  I'm sure there were things that were not disclosed, either for legal reasons or out of respect for the family.  But USF was at least seemingly as open and honest as possible.  UCF closed ranks an refused to talk, and even censored other players for talking about it.  Maybe they are hiding something, maybe not.  It doesn't really matter.  USF was rightfully praised for their response, while UCF is being rightfully called out.

You couldn't be more wrong.

UCF "invited" the Sentinel on-campus for almost the entire week following EP's death...invited them to meetings, interviewed staff/coaches/players, etc...and the Sentinel Sports Editor Lynn Hoppes ended up not using 1 iota of info...and instead lashed out against UCF and focused on dismissed players from the past...and an out-of-the-loop divorced father to make their stories fit their agenda.

FYI...very little info came out of USF after the initial/incomplete autopsy of Dorsey was done...as it took almost 8 more months for the final results to comeback.

USF wasn't giving out any info that Dorsey's family hired Cohen, a very successful high priced attorney) back in the Spring 2007 to see if they could get more info out of USF.

Only thing different about USF and UCF was that the sports editors of the major papers in Tampa Bay did not have a personal vendatta against a HC for the past several years...as the mullet (Sentinel Sports Editor Lynn Hoppes) has had since Day 1.

O133790.jpg

Still it doesnt serve UCF any purpose by him NOT answering questions NOT related to Plancher's death.

As I said if you look at the Miami Herald it was the ONLY story about UCF on the paper. Now you guys might think that the OS is no big deal and is treating you badly but the reality is that when you pull that in front of OTHER papers and it becomes the ONLY news reported by others then its doing more harm to UCF than to the OS.

By the way I find it funny that you guys are all riled up against this writer when most of you felt he was hilarious when he dressed up n USF gear and got on the Bull statue last year.

You guys also thought Bianchi was correct when clling USF chickieppos , outlaws and other names on the OS.

So  yeah payback is a B * * **H

Still it doesnt serve UCF any purpose by him NOT answering questions NOT related to Plancher's death.

Obviously it does...and it doesn't matter if you understand or not (which you obviously don't).

LOL. whatever guy.

As i said if you think that is good for the ONLY thing about UCF written in the Miami Herald from the coaches meeting. That Gol and the OS are not talking and the whole rehash of Plancher's death then I guess you are right.

• Content Count:  2,239

LOL. whatever guy.

As i said if you think that is good for the ONLY thing about UCF written in the Miami Herald from the coaches meeting. That Gol and the OS are not talking and the whole rehash of Plancher's death then I guess you are right.

I don't think this will last beyond this season.  The story will be Plancher brought the team together or tore them apart.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

...and instead lashed out against UCF and focused on dismissed players from the past...

What were dismissed players doing at that practice?

FYI...very little info came out of USF after the initial/incomplete autopsy of Dorsey was done...as it took almost 8 more months for the final results to comeback.

There didn't need to be. USF didn't look like they were trying to hide something from Day 1 ...

• Content Count:  32

don't drag us down to your level we didn't have 4 players go up to the newspaper and tell them our coach, who is a known liar, was full of sh!t. the orlando sentinel was more than generous with their coverage during your cusa run, talk of fabricating a story sounds like fans desperate to shift blame away from their program. face it ucf has bungled this whole mess since the beginning o'leary not talking to the only media outlet that remotely cares about ucf solves absolutely nothing and invites a whole batch of new negative publicity, and it's only going to get worse once the victim's family rightfully files a lawsuit. ucf fans who think every thing is fine and well are in complete denial.

Archived