• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOL refuses to talk to the only major paper in Mouse Town...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/071808/col_305722266.shtml

Florida Times-Union

Shutting out the Sentinel

Central Florida coach George O'Leary took his feud with the Orlando Sentinel public.

The first question to O'Leary during his news conference came from a Sentinel reporter, and the coach refused to answer, saying, "I'm not having any dialogue with your paper until corrections to erroneous statements have been written."

O'Leary declined to elaborate, saying he has been advised not to speak to the newspaper.

O'Leary's comments are related to the Sentinel's coverage of UCF player Ereck Plancher's death in March. Later in the day, the Associated Press reported that Plancher's autopsy revealed he had a sickle cell trait that caused problems with his red blood cells during physical exertion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

There's a simple solution.  Issue a press release identifying the incorrect items in the OS articles and identify the date, time and substance of the 90 minute meeting between the OS and UCF, if not a transcript itself.  Anything other than that will be viewed as spin or a coverup, rightfully or not.

• Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

UCF never wanted a feud.  They wanted this to go through its course and be on its way.  It is O'Leary vs the Sentinel at this point and UCF is collateral damage.  I never liked the Sentinel, but I know full well NO ONE will come out the winner.  There is much more than we all know about this story.  Give it time and it will come to the surface.

As for the conflicting stories, Keith Tribble already admitted to talking to the media too soon and as a result, did not have all the facts, so he relayed inaccurate information.  As for O'Leary, I honestly don't know what went on during that practice.  I do believe in being innocent until proven guilty, which is why I'm supporting GOL at this time.  Right now, the OS is looking for a fight.  Could they be on to something?  Maybe, but right now, it doesn't look like that.  If the OS does prove to be correct, I'll admit being incorrect and side with justice.

a very well thought out reply and you're absolutely correct this is all about o'leary vs the sentinel and ucf is purely collateral damage (although you have to wonder why the school is allowing this). and your wrong the sentinel is going to be just fine, your delusional if you think a few "dungeon subscribers" cancelling their subscriptions is going to do anything, ucf on the other hand well...

i'll be very interested to see how long this standoff lasts and hopefully o'leary doesn't dissapoint. in the meantime the sentinel can pick up their coverage on us  >:D

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The Sentinel won't be fine if this continues and they continue to harp on it.  While other media outlets might agree with them, I doubt the public will be as agreeable.  That's my guess.

Archived