• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOL refuses to talk to the only major paper in Mouse Town...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

I have no problem with a coach boycotting a particular news-service. 

However, to Trip's point.  How can the OS fix any alleged inaccuracies if UCF won't tell them what they are.  I have no problem with GOL not answering that question from the podium today, but you figure someone at UCF would have met with the OS and provided the information which was incorrect.

UCF did tell them what the inaccuracies were, but The Rag refuses to acknowledge that fact.  GOL is also PO'd that The Rag just appointed The Ragette as our beat writer - the same one whose first 2 stories for the paper were baseless (local recruiting) and incendiary before the fact (Plancher).  You guys have issues with your Trib and SPT beat writers, but at least they're pros and not mere semesters away from graduation...

Before or after?

I like that!  I actually considered adding a "HS or college graduation" poll.  ;)

Think about it from GOL's standpoint for a moment - even from your perspective of our stature.  The Rag lays off a nationally acclaimed reporter (Povtak), promotes a 2nd year (most-recent UCF) beat writer to his NBA/Magic job, and then assigns a less-than-one-year staffer to the local D-1 university program's beat - after she'd written very suspect articles about her new beat in the past.

What would TheJim do in GOL's position if the Trib held his program in the same "respect?"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

However, to Trip's point.  How can the OS fix any alleged inaccuracies if UCF won't tell them what they are.  I have no problem with GOL not answering that question from the podium today, but you figure someone at UCF would have met with the OS and provided the information which was incorrect.

UCF did tell them what the inaccuracies were, but The Rag refuses to acknowledge that fact.  GOL is also PO'd that The Rag just appointed The Ragette as our beat writer - the same one whose first 2 stories for the paper were baseless (local recruiting) and incendiary before the fact (Plancher).  You guys have issues with your Trib and SPT beat writers, but at least they're pros and not mere semesters away from graduation...

Before or after?

I like that!  I actually considered adding a "HS or college graduation" poll.   ;)

Think about it from GOL's standpoint for a moment - even from your perspective of our stature.  The Rag lays off a nationally acclaimed reporter (Povtak), promotes a 2nd year (most-recent UCF) beat writer to his NBA/Magic job, and then assigns a less-than-one-year staffer to the local D-1 university program's beat - after she'd written very suspect articles about her new beat in the past.

What would TheJim do in GOL's position if the Trib held his program in the same "respect?"

Have you read Brett McMurphy?  He loves us.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Before or after?

I like that!  I actually considered adding a "HS or college graduation" poll.   ;)

You guys didn't seem to have a problem with the OS when they were writing those factually inaccurate articles about our players prior to our last visit Orlando.  As a matter of fact, I seem to recall most Knight fans more or less encouraging them.  I guess you reap what you sow.

Before or after?

I like that!  I actually considered adding a "HS or college graduation" poll.  ;)

Have you read Brett McMurphy?  He loves us.

Yes I have, and I know he hasn't been a Bull homer - but at least he has some love for sports.  The Ragette has yet to demonstrate any love and/or knowledge for athletics in any fashion.

You guys didn't seem to have a problem with the OS when they were writing those factually inaccurate articles about our players prior to our last visit Orlando.  As a matter of fact, I seem to recall most Knight fans more or less encouraging them.  I guess you reap what you sow.

I don't remember that - what did they write?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

Before or after?

Even better ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

I don't remember any "articles" either ..... There was a column by that douchebag Bianchi that got everybody over here fired up, and rightly so.

• Content Count:  677

other than bianche who has a tendency to trash everyone outside of UF, I don't remember  many OS articles trashing USF players..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,454
  • Days Won:  13

other than bianche who has a tendency to trash everyone outside of UF, I don't remember  many OS articles trashing USF players..

what about your moron reporter that came into our Athletic Center and rode the bull.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I don't remember any "articles" either ..... There was a column by that ******b*g Bianchi that got everybody over here fired up, and rightly so.

It was Bianchi, seem to remember more than a column.  I know it got CJL very upset.

Archived