• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Papel Bum!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Wow I missed a lot...

All I have to say is SIngabull, you dont know ****. THe very first baseball game I played was in New York, on a team called the Yankees, and the first ever MLB game I saw was at Yankee Stadium. I've been a fan since age 5 and I am not going to let my traveling and moving decide what team I root for. I will go to rays games and support the home team, when they arent playing the yanks. I did the same when I was in Baltimore. Seriously anyone who thinks you have to support a team just cause you live there does not know loyalty.

And plenty of people move to and from up north. Many of our college grads get jobs up north. Why? Well for starters the Florida economy sucks and you can make much more money up north. And the opportunities there are tremendous.

Anyway, Singabull, do us all a favor and throw your computer out your window.

Go move to new york

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Wow I missed a lot...

All I have to say is SIngabull, you dont know ****. THe very first baseball game I played was in New York, on a team called the Yankees, and the first ever MLB game I saw was at Yankee Stadium. I've been a fan since age 5 and I am not going to let my traveling and moving decide what team I root for. I will go to rays games and support the home team, when they arent playing the yanks. I did the same when I was in Baltimore. Seriously anyone who thinks you have to support a team just cause you live there does not know loyalty.

And plenty of people move to and from up north. Many of our college grads get jobs up north. Why? Well for starters the Florida economy sucks and you can make much more money up north. And the opportunities there are tremendous.

Go move to new york

throw your computer out your window.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,454
  • Days Won:  13

Wow I missed a lot...

Go move to new york

throw your computer out your window.

LOL, if all the northerns moved back to where they came from how would the economy if Florida be then?

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

most sports fans hate winners, like the redsox and yankees.  but imo, its different in this case because these teams have ruined baseball.  the lack of a salary cap allows big market teams to attempt to BUY championships year after year.  organizations like this are run a$$ backwards.  baseball teams should be built year after thru their respective farm systems, and a good trade every now and then.  imagine being a player in the yankee or redsox farm system.  unless you are an absolute STUD, expect to never get a chance.  more than being happy the rays are in first place, im more PROUD of the way theyve done it to this point.  the correct way, they far and away have the best farm system in baseball.  now, theyve obviously been forced to do it this way due to being one of the smallest markets in baseball, but im kind of glad this is the case.  it just makes me so proud to be a fan, and as a person that has always followed baseball closely, the sport in whole needs to go more in this direction.

• Content Count:  1,985

sure is a nice feeling knowing that we have a 5 game lead right now but that lead can disappear in a week. 

Sounds pretty whiny to me. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

most sports fans hate winners, like the redsox and yankees.  but imo, its different in this case because these teams have ruined baseball.  the lack of a salary cap allows big market teams to attempt to BUY championships year after year.  organizations like this are run a$$ backwards.  baseball teams should be built year after thru their respective farm systems, and a good trade every now and then.  imagine being a player in the yankee or redsox farm system.  unless you are an absolute STUD, expect to never get a chance.  more than being happy the rays are in first place, im more PROUD of the way theyve done it to this point.  the correct way, they far and away have the best farm system in baseball.  now, theyve obviously been forced to do it this way due to being one of the smallest markets in baseball, but im kind of glad this is the case.  it just makes me so proud to be a fan, and as a person that has always followed baseball closely, the sport in whole needs to go more in this direction.

I'm sorry, but the Yankees and sox haven't ruined baseball.. they are playing by the rules.  There is no salary cap, as you said... should they just ignore that and only spend like the rays?  If the league wanted a salary cap, there would be one... plain and simple.  The league wants it this way... so if anything, the league (owners and players) are the problem... not individual teams that use the rules to their advantage, as they can and should.

• Content Count:  760

I dont like the term "buy Championships" because as you can see, all the money in the world still doesn't buy you a championship (i.e. the yankees since 2000). All it does is allow you to go get the players you want. If there is a guys out there that a large and small market team wants, sorry small market, money talks. But as far as gauranteeing a championship, we can all see that this is not the case.

Also, the yankees in the '90s started with home grown talent. Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Bernie williams, Andy Pettite, etc. Then they took the money they had to get who we wanted. (Or atleast keep them from going to the Red Sox lol)

I'm for a salary cap.....of say $200 million  ;D

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

if i were a Rays fan id want the Yankees as far back as possible.

no if you were a Rays fan you would want the SECOND PLACE team as far back as possible.  but since you ARENT a rays fan you think that the Rays cant hold onto this 5 game lead (7 games in the loss column)

why dont you just stick to worrying about the phillies.

you are just wishing

if rays stay healthy they will win division

The Rays wont win the AL East, prob will win the wild card though.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm for a salary cap.....of say $200 million  ;D

LOL!

I second that  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

sure is a nice feeling knowing that we have a 5 game lead right now but that lead can disappear in a week. 

Sounds pretty whiny to me. 

You must be new to message boards if you think that is whiny .......  ;)

Archived