• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My boy representing USF in the World Series of Poker - and get this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

From the WSOP site... Looks like he finished at the ESPN table based on the main narrative below. On to day 3 for Devin... Go Bulls... Go Devin!

Wed, 09 Jul 2008 00:51:17  There Goes the Neighborhood  Bit of a commotion over here at Table #1 in the Green section when Brian Schaedlich sat down in the empty seat, plopping down 300,000-plus chips in front of him. His tablemates were already murmuring when staff members arrived, along with the ESPN crew. "What's this?" thought those at the table. That's when they saw staff placing extra racks of chips on the table -- Schaedlich has so many he can't carry them all himself. About 760,000, to be precise. His tablemates have a little under a half an hour left today to deal with their menacing new neighbor.

Wed, 09 Jul 2008 01:06:58  Tangling with the Big Stack  The blinds are currently 600/1,200, but when Brian Schaedlich is in town, the price of poker is necessarily going to be higher. It folded around to Schaedlich who raised to 5,200 from the hijack seat, Devin Hammer called from the small blind, and Darrell Dicken called as well from the big blind. All three checked the  flop. The turn brought the . Hammer checked, Dicken bet 9,000, and Schaedlich let it go. Schaedlich has now neatly positioned his gawdy number of chips into stacks before him. He's still around three-quarters of a million. Dicken is up to 95,000, and Hammer has about 21,000.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Collin... I just saw the post from WSOP about Devin... Good catch - Catchy last name from which I'm sure Devin caught a ton of flack/razzing for back in the late 80's...

Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:50:11 

"Hammer Time" 

A middle-position player raised, then Devin Hammer reraised from the button. His opponent called. The pair checked down the  board. When Hammer checked on the end, his opponent said "You got me," turning over . Indeed, he did -- Hammer tabled . Hammer is up to 49,000.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Glad to see he got back his early day loss and a couple grand more.  Really hoping to see him make the run up and get stacked.

• Content Count:  1,911

This is the most interesting thread we've had all summer. Good luck Devin.

• Content Count:  12,293

a friend of mine is playing in 2B tomorrow.  he isnt a USF alum though  :(  but he roots for the bulls

• Content Count:  2,523

Awesome thread.  One of my buddies has played in a few of the $1500 ones leading up to the main event, Phil Roman, with moderate success.  Don't think he was there this year though.  I've always wanted to play, but no way I'm laying down $10000, so I'm still waiting for the day I work my way through the PokerStars qualifiers...

• Content Count:  866

MikeG... Best links to follow the tournament here:

wsop.com (obviously)

cardplayer.com (has their own blog, as well as better chip updates)

pokerroad.com (outstanding content from pro tournament circuit players/degenerates, and an excellent daily podcast.  You can also watch Phil Ivey lose $1 million playing craps, which is enough to make you nauseous). 

And no donking Devin, we need a sweat here until football starts!! 19k isn't quite open shove range, but getting close no??  What's your plan of attack for Thursday?  Good luck sir... survive the bubble and make a run!

469 players made it out of last night, they'll be combined with everyone who survives tonight, and for the first time the entire field will be in the same room on Thursday.  Twoplustwo.com (poker message board) has been putting the table list on their website every day, so when that gets published I'll put Devin's table on here.  Here's hoping he gets one name pro, one hot chick... and 6 guys who can't play a lick.  ESPN generally thinks that makes for good tv. :)

• Content Count:  645

Sort of off topic here, but I was in Vegas over Fathers Day weekend and actually saw Phil Ivey playing at a $1000 craps table at the Bellagio.  Couldn't tell if he was winning or losing, but just thinking about that kind of money made me nervous!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I am so incredibly lost right now.  Is Devin winning?  If so, that's great!

Archived