• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My boy representing USF in the World Series of Poker - and get this...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  58
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the thread Sheriff!  Sorry I missed you in Vegas.  I was exhausted and had to get back to AZ. Thanks everyone else for the good luck messages. I have a long way to go and will need the luck.

Here is my experience so far;

I played Day 1B (Friday).  I was going to play 1C (Saturday) because I was so hung over from Thursday night.  I decided to suck it up and registered five mins before the start. I was seated between two pros, Bob "the Butcher" and Bill Spadea (placed 13th last year).

Everyone starts with 20k in chips this year.  I was down to 7k after 4hrs and it was not looking good.  I finally started playing a little more aggressive and winning some showdowns and by the end of the day I was at 47,300k (top 200 after 2 starting days).

I was not at a TV table.  However the ESPN crew was filming at my table when Bill Spadea got knocked out and they filmed him shaking my hand as he left.  Yes, I was wearing my USF shirt.

I am heading back to Vegas on Tuesday to play Day 2A.  I already have my seat assignment and know I have a large stack (123K) seated directly to my left so it should be interesting.

Thanks again for the support!

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Give em' Hell and Go Bulls

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Good luck!  Anybody know when this will air?  I'm addicted to this stuff on TV.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I was in Vegas over the 4th of July weekend, and I can also confirm the serious amount of talent out there. The city is seething with hotties.

I wore my USF gear on the way there and back, and although I got some strange looks, I didn't get one, "Go Bulls!" I thought that was strange since I'm usually good for getting at least one thrown at me.

• Content Count:  58
  • Days Won:  0

I do not think it will air until August.  One thing they are doing different this year is once the final table is determined play is stopped so all the episodes can air on ESPN.  After they air the last episode the players will play the final table in November then ESPN will air the final table show the day after it is played.

I'm headed back to Vegas at 5AM from Phoneix to play Day2A. Play starts at noon.  3,663 out of 6,844 players remain.

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Good luck and do not forget to pay your tithe to USF athletics should you find yourself in the money ;D As for the returning to play the final table that may be close to the worst idea in the history of fringe sports! If ESPN is trying to sell the event as a sport then they should not go around treating it like reality TV. Having the final table months later ruins the flow of the game for the players and having it after the episodes have already aired allows players to change their strategy based upon what they observed a player doing in their current tournament. I guess as a possitive an asshat like Gold will not win again if players are able to observe his play going into the final table.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  143

how did you do in round 2?

keep up up to date buddy.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Good luck and do not forget to pay your tithe to USF athletics should you find yourself in the money ;D As for the returning to play the final table that may be close to the worst idea in the history of fringe sports! If ESPN is trying to sell the event as a sport then they should not go around treating it like reality TV. Having the final table months later ruins the flow of the game for the players and having it after the episodes have already aired allows players to change their strategy based upon what they observed a player doing in their current tournament. I guess as a possitive an asshat like Gold will not win again if players are able to observe his play going into the final table.

Exactly. Not to mention that fatigue is supposed to be a factor - a tired player may make worse decisions than a fresh one. And on the sinister side, you're giving nine people four months to make a side deal to compromise the integrity of the final table.

The WSOP should tell ESPN to go to hell. They've already compromised the tournament beyond belief and turned the main event into a freaking circus. Now this?

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Just spoke to Devin... he's driving to Vegas now and is in Kingman. He said he didn't get much sleep, but hopefully the adrenaline will keep him on top of things. I guess he's not the novice in poker... he won a trip to France a couple years back when he won a European poker tournament.

This is from the WSOP site... active chip counts... Devin Hammer 47,300 0

Take them down one by one Devin! Oh yeah... he's sporting the USF shirt...

Archived