• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why im pissed at the Draft still

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

All the NFL teams just got done with their rookie mini camps......and I'm still pissed at the Bucs (being a USF fan) that they passed up Mike Jenkins. According to everyone that wrote about or witnessed the Bucs rokkie mini camp, Aqib Talib is god. They are saying he is good enough to be even the #1 corner in the draft and that people will eventually see why. It pisses me off b/c Mike would be that good in that system as well, given the opportunity. Instead he is being one upped in Dallas by 5th round pick Orlando Scandrick b/c he played in a similar system in college. People are giving Mike no love in Dallas so far. Hopefully he'll adapt to the system as these mini camps go on.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Dude, down off the ledge.  Mike will be fine.  I suspect the Bucs player personnel folks know just a tad more than you do about the available talent.  No draft pick is ever a sure thing.  I think if Talib had been gone, the Bucs would have taken Jenkins.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Relax, and enjoy the ride.

• Content Count:  1,251

the point is jenkins isnt going to play in dallas.....and u buc fans can have fun jerking off talib

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

The Cowboys wouldn't have drafted Jenkins if they didn't think he'd work well in the system. He's got some learning to do with the defense that Phillips runs, but so did the veterans last year, and it worked out well. He's got a good mentor in Anthony Henry who knows the defense and already has an established relationship with him. He's not gonna start right away, but he will get plenty of chances to play

• Content Count:  385

the point is jenkins isnt going to play in dallas.....and u buc fans can have fun jerking off talib

Talib = God.

But seriously, as a Buc / USF fan, I had some issues with the pick initially, but the more and more I think about it, the more I realize the Bucs made the right decision.

The Bucs will probably be ranked in the top 5 in D again, and the secondary of Ronde, Phillip and Talib is just scary.

• Content Count:  4,016

All the NFL teams just got done with their rookie mini camps......and I'm still pissed at the Bucs (being a USF fan) that they passed up Mike Jenkins. According to everyone that wrote about or witnessed the Bucs rokkie mini camp, Aqib Talib is god. They are saying he is good enough to be even the #1 corner in the draft and that people will eventually see why. It pisses me off b/c Mike would be that good in that system as well, given the opportunity. Instead he is being one upped in Dallas by 5th round pick Orlando Scandrick b/c he played in a similar system in college. People are giving Mike no love in Dallas so far. Hopefully he'll adapt to the system as these mini camps go on.

It sucked but the bucs probably made a good move.  From their perspective Talib has full scale return abilities having returned punts and kicks, and he played quite a bit as a receiver as a senior.  So the Bucs are getting a 'do all' type of guy.  His knocks have been he gambled in college and got burned a bit, and doesn't have pure breakaway speed.  But in the Bucs system he doesn't need either.  He'll be playing two deep so he'll never really get burned without help, and Kelly never had breakaway speed and was a good corner for the Bucs, but Talib could significantly upgrade their return game immediately, and in the two deep he can step in immediately, and possibly down the road play a little offense.  With Jenkins he could easily step in immediately too, but there were no guarantees they would get the other two assets that Talib brought to the table.

It sucks but it seems the staff's reluctance to allow Jenkins to be a returner, which he proved against Cinci he could be a great one, might have hurt his status.  All the corners selected before him had exceptional returner stats which gave NFL teams a little bonus when selecting them.

• Content Count:  5,241

Coulda shoulda woulda

Mike still went to a great team with a ton more potential than Tampa.

Be happy for Mike as a USF fan, not as a fan of local teams

• Content Count:  1,894

Im sorry Dallas got rated out pretty good for drafting Jenkins. Everybody I listened to said he was a great pick to get at that point in the draft. He will play there is no doubt about it. If it takes alittle while to get on the field so be it. He is learning from some of the best.

Archived