• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has USF "Arrived"?

The full list of teams who have the 23 won BCS games (* = Nat'l Championship winners since BCS was created):

Auburn

Boise State

Georgia

Florida *

Florida State *

Kansas

Louisiana State **

Louisville

Miami *

Michigan

Nebraska

Ohio State *

Oklahoma *

Oregon

Oregon State

Penn State

Southern California *

Tennessee *

Texas *

Utah

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

(compiling at work, may have missed one)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

lerbut...I am ashamed to here a true fan say it was all erased, not the finish we had all hoped for but how can you say it was all worthless... have we arrived?...no, are we on the right path? yes.  I guess what I am saying is are we thought of the same at the end of last year as we were at the end of the year before...NO... People get on here and say how horrible we finished... lost the bowl game to a much better Oregon team. but other than that not so bad.  I guess some are a glass half empty kind  oh well!!

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

FWIW, I was at Wrigley at a Cubs game a few weeks ago and some dude that was sitting in front of me in the bleachers noticed that I had a Rays hat on.  First thing out of his mouth after I told him I was from Tampa was something to the effect of "Oh, you guys have USF down there.  They are starting to win at everything!"  Mind you I didn't have any USF clothing on or tell him that I was alumni, all he had to go on was that I had a Rays hat on and I was from Tampa.  Thought that was pretty cool.

• Content Count:  9,038

I will say that we "arrived" when Rutgers rushed the field on us.  Rushing the field is reserved for an upset of a big-time or highly-ranked program.

So Bowling Green is big time?  We rushed the field vs. them.

See this post:

weren't we just out of 1 AA, and only about 4 years old a s a program??

• Content Count:  260

I'd say we're definitely in the arrival process, we just need to build on the last couple years and sustain it over time.  This past fall semester, my wife even saw a person walking around the Univ of New Mexico in USF gear! 

Regardless of our next season's record, we will get a further boost a year and a week from now when Selvie goes top 3 in the draft and spends part of a saturday afternoon in the "green room" on national TV.

About Selvie, I'm a huge fan so I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing him, but unless he gets up to at least 255-260, I just don't see him being dominant in the NFL.  I may be in the minority here and I'd be interested to see what others think.  He definitely has potential, but I don't see him as a top pick quite yet.

• Content Count:  1,570

I feel we are close. We're still in the middle of the pack in recruiting. USF should not be out recruited among BE's teams in our own state. But Jim is moving the team in the right direction. Every year they have improve on recruiting ratings. When top rated players look USF's way. Recruiting shows speak more of USF and more kids will take notice. So back to the topic. We'll finally arrive when we see top rated kids put on a Bulls cap on national TV saying "I choose to play for USF."

• Content Count:  763

Bulldozier, is that helmet legit? Have I been living under a rock?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

no we will not be wearing Oregon helmets.

• Content Count:  12,293

that is an UGLY helmet. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I feel we are close. We're still in the middle of the pack in recruiting. USF should not be out recruited among BE's teams in our own state. But Jim is moving the team in the right direction. Every year they have improve on recruiting ratings. When top rated players look USF's way. Recruiting shows speak more of USF and more kids will take notice. So back to the topic. We'll finally arrive when we see top rated kids put on a Bulls cap on national TV saying "I choose to play for USF."

That cap and helmet aren't in your signature, are they?

Archived