• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has USF "Arrived"?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I will say that we "arrived" when Rutgers rushed the field on us.  Rushing the field is reserved for an upset of a big-time or highly-ranked program.

So Bowling Green is big time?  We rushed the field vs. them.

See this post:

weren't we just out of 1 AA, and only about 4 years old a s a program??

Your post stated that rushing the field is reserved for an upset of a big time or highly ranked program.  What does that have to do with us being 4 years old?

See your post.  ::)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

lerbut...I am ashamed to here a true fan say it was all erased, not the finish we had all hoped for but how can you say it was all worthless... have we arrived?...no, are we on the right path? yes.   I guess what I am saying is are we thought of the same at the end of last year as we were at the end of the year before...NO... People get on here and say how horrible we finished... lost the bowl game to a much better Oregon team. but other than that not so bad.   I guess some are a glass half empty kind  oh well!!

The way some people act, it is almost as if the Syracuse, Louisville and Pitt games never happened. ???

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

Barely ten-years old, two losing seasons, finishing fourth in the conference and losing two of three bowl appearances,

and inclusion in what is arguably the weakest BCS conference, I'm not exactly certain I would apply the generally accepted term "has arrived".

On the other hand the meteoric rise to IA (that always makes for a good story), being ranked #2 last season (regardless of how that came to be), having an upcoming series with UM (vice one with you-know-who), and being in a BCS conference (regardless), and - if the school down the street is to be used as a measuring stick -  it's hard not to apply "has arrived" label.

The deciding factor, as far as I'm concerned, is how USF is treated by the opposition. The days of automatically penciling in a "W" when USF is on the schedule are officially gone. Rutgers rushing the field, to me, that was a real turning point.

I would apply the term 'Provisionally Arrived'.

Archived