• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF basketball fans. Does USF "get it" or am I wasting my time...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

If you are hoping for a one year turn around then forget it, but if you are looking to buold a program over the next 4 or 5 years you are definitely not wasting your time.  It will be a step by step by step process, but I think the foundation is set.  You have a good coach that is motivated to get to post season play (and in his words, "not just the BE Tournament").  He understands what it takes to compete in a tough conference.

Next year, for the first time in about 5 or 6 years, you have several proven, experienced players coming back.  The last several years years it has been 1 proven player surrounded by a bunch of question marks of who would even be filling out the starting lineup. 

I think we are still a few players away and a couple of years from an NCAA bid, but that foundation is still set now.

The only "turn around" I am looking for is to be in the BE tournament or, heck, even competing to be in it! That would be a nice step forward and something we can build on for the following year.

everyone gets in the BE tourney

Clearly not.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307

If you are hoping for a one year turn around then forget it, but if you are looking to buold a program over the next 4 or 5 years you are definitely not wasting your time.  It will be a step by step by step process, but I think the foundation is set.  You have a good coach that is motivated to get to post season play (and in his words, "not just the BE Tournament").  He understands what it takes to compete in a tough conference.

Next year, for the first time in about 5 or 6 years, you have several proven, experienced players coming back.  The last several years years it has been 1 proven player surrounded by a bunch of question marks of who would even be filling out the starting lineup. 

I think we are still a few players away and a couple of years from an NCAA bid, but that foundation is still set now.

The only "turn around" I am looking for is to be in the BE tournament or, heck, even competing to be in it! That would be a nice step forward and something we can build on for the following year.

Clearly not.

They do next season!

Incidentally, there are five, count 'em, FIVE Big East schools playing in arenas that don't belong to them - Georgetown, Marquette, Louisville, Providence, and DePaul. And Syracuse plays in half of a football stadium. So the Sun Dome isn't an excuse.

• Content Count:  5,903

Clearly not.

They do next season!

Incidentally, there are five, count 'em, FIVE Big East schools playing in arenas that don't belong to them - Georgetown, Marquette, Louisville, Providence, and DePaul. And Syracuse plays in half of a football stadium. So the Sun Dome isn't an excuse.

Something I did not know. I suppose I shall have to readjust my expectations. Two road wins?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The O'Connell Center in Gainesville is almost an exact replica of the SunDome. It's been called on of the hardest places to play in the country. And they have pulled in their second straight top5 class.

The difference is they have a great prctice facility. We do need something similar eventually if we want top be annually relevant.

I doubt the viability of USF Basketball as a annual winner in the Big East and nationally under the current conditions.

Coach Heath is a great coach and knows what it takes. It's just tough to get what it takes when you have 9-10 legit tourny teams in you conference.

• Content Count:  19,229

your opinion

But a completely valid one!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF NEEDS TO stop throw money to leavitt  and extend heath 

give heath what he needs

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

But, you guys just keep on feeling great about yourselves because you're a better fan than I am.

You are not a fan!!!!! You are a message board troll and nothing more. You are Jim Tressels *****! Find the suckeyes board and post there.

im a bull fan and a buckeye fan.  am i ***** too?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

But, you guys just keep on feeling great about yourselves because you're a better fan than I am.

You are not a fan!!!!! You are a message board troll and nothing more. You are Jim Tressels *****! Find the suckeyes board and post there.

Not sure .... can you make butterflies out of twigs?

• Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

Please find somewhere in my post that I said being a supporter of 2 schools makes you that.... I said that JFC was Tressel's because all he does is come on here and post sensless crap about how amazing OSU is.

From what I have seen you post, no you are not Tressel's *****. Many on here will question your allegience because you support 2 teams (I am not one of them).

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

The issue isn't the Sun Dome, but practice facilities... right now the men's and women's team share the Sun Dome and can use the Corral when the Volleyball team is not in there.

But if the Sun Dome is occupied, the teams have to practice on the Rec Center courts ... and if a player wants to practice on his own time, he has to shoot around with other students.

Most of the "powers" have a dedicated basketball practice facility.  That is what people mean.

Now, they are raising funds for the facility (which will include an athlete's dining hall).  It will be built on the North side of the Sun Dome, between the Dome and the parking lot.

Practice facilities ARE a big deal in the recruiting game (just like conference, tv exposure, fan support, arenas, etc..).

Even UCF finally realized that and started construction on 2 new Basketball practice facilities for both the Men's and Women's Basketball teams...which should be completed later this Spring/early Summer.

UCF is turning the old "garage" into 2 new separate Basketball Practice Facilities.

This should help some come next Nov signing period when the facilities will be completed.

Archived