• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Schedules shaping out, UF still the nation's coward

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

The SEC angle always kills me.  In my lifetime, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, and Miss St., and South Carolina have usually not had good teams. SEC fans have always acted like even their worst teams could win the NFC East.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Isn't Florida playing Miami and FSU this year?

I don't think hey'e filled in many of their future games either.

My father had mentioned they were working a deal with Penn State for 2012 and 2014, but ya never know

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Looking at the future schedules of the nation's top teams(on NationalChamps), I've noticed the growing trend of big name schools playing other schools out of state for OOC games.  What has led to games like Ohio State/Texas, Ohio State/USC and Tennessee/Cal has become a nationwide movement.  The only school that seems to be missing from this trend, as usual, is Florida.

UF continues to be unable to leave the state of Florida for an out of conference game.  For those who defend UF, let's look at some of the other big schools and what they are up to...

Florida State - @BYU(2009), @Oklahoma(2010), @Air Force(2011), @West Virginia(2012)

Miami - @Ohio State(2010), @Marshall(2011), @Kansas State(2012),

Georgia - @Oklahoma State(2009), @Colorado(2010), @Louisville(2012), @Clemson(2013), @Oregon(2015)

LSU - @Colorado(2012), @TCU(2014), @Arizona State(2016)

Oklahoma - @Miami(2009), @Cincinnati(2010), @Florida State(2011), @TCU(2012), @Notre Dame(2013), @Tennessee(2015), @Ohio State(2017)

Tennessee - @North Carolina(2011), @North Carolina State(2012), @Oregon(2013), @Oklahoma(2014), @Nebraska(2016)

Alabama - @Penn State(2011), @Duke(2012), @Georgia Tech(2014)

Ohio State - @Army(2010), @Miami(2011), @California(2013), @Virginia Tech(2015), @Oklahoma(2016)

USC - @Ohio State(2009), @Notre Dame(2009), @Hawaii(2010), @Syracuse(2012), @Notre Dame(2013), @Boston College(2014), @Notre Dame(2015)

Texas - @Arkansas(2009), @UCLA(2011), @Mississippi(2012)

West Virginia - @Auburn(2009), @Michigan State(2011), @Maryland(2011), @Florida State(2013)

So, Florida apologists, what's your excuse now?  EVERYONE else has the balls to lay it on the line.  Why are you so afraid to actually play the game away from your home?  Are you so greedy that you have to throw way more payout than everyone else to bring teams to Gainesville because you won't go play them?  Do you ever wonder why big name teams don't want to play you?  I'll give you a hint, it isn't out of intimidation...unless you're too intimidated to you know, actually play them at home

That's why their first MNC was REALLY a Mythical National Championship. They didn't play anyone west of the Mississippi or north of the Mason Dixon line that year ..... although, if they want to keep playing FSU every year and stop dodging UM, I really can't argue too much with that.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Playing Auburn, LSU, and Georgria every year, in conference really makes up the lack of ooc difficult games in my opinion. Plus a conference title game.

Of course some of the lower sec teams arent that good, but look at any conference, look at West Virginia, Rutgers, etc. schedule last year! Buffalo, Army, Marshall, etc.

• Content Count:  2,239

Playing a weak team is one thing.  Playing a weak team on the road is different.  UF can't even handle a weak team on the road.

This coming from a fan of a school tha has pulled out of games against WVU and FLORIDA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

This coming from a fan of a school tha has pulled out of games against WVU and FLORIDA

Don't kill the messenger ...

We call this deflecting.  Since he is unable to properly defend the point, they resort to a completely unrelated topic.  UCF has gone out of state for OOC games.  Other schools, including BCS schools, have come from out of state to UCF for games.  Thanks for showing that UCF is helping and benefiting from this practice, which makes college football better.  That doesn't take away from the point that Florida takes away from college football as opposed to adding on to it.

For the nth time, the WVU game was a casualty of removing games off the schedule that were made during the independent days.  UCF is continuing to make strides in making up games with schools that got hit such as Pitt and WVU.  Florida's game was a crooked deal and was postponed, not canceled.

Deflecting? I'm not a Gator, I could care less. It's just stupid points like this on the net kill UCFers in the cred department.

Just looking through Florida's Strength of schedule the last 2 years it's top 10, and that doesn't include this season which includes Miami, assuring what will probably be  3rd top 10 schedule.

It's not like Ohio State this season where they're playing 8 home games  and  50th ranked schedule.

So do a home and home with Duke and be vindicated.

Archived