• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Schedules shaping out, UF still the nation's coward

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Considering there has been a brand spanking total of 4 12 games seasons and most schools scrambled for games the last two years that argument is weak.

When you come from that angle, you are correct, but let's dig a little deeper to find the flaw in your argument.

In 2006, both teams played one I-AA team.  Miami played FAMU and Florida played Western Carolina.  Now in 2007, I give Miami a pass because they played Marshall, FIU(game 2 of the series), Oklahoma(away) and Texas A&M.  A strong schedule that was obviously finalized after the 12 game rule went to effect.  Florida played Troy, WKU(a game set up by UCF to replace them), Florida Atlantic and Florida State...all at home.  Having two Sunbelt teams on the schedule shows that all they wanted was an easy win.  Since the schedule is made in advance, you can disregard FAU's surprising season.

Let's fast forward to 2008.  The two teams finally play each other.  They each have a slot open for 2009, but Miami has their slate with quality opponents already(Oklahoma, USF away, UCF away) and Florida has Troy, Florida Iinternational and Florida State away.  Since USF was easier to work with than Florida, Miami scheduled a nice series with them and filled up their 2010, 2011 and 2012 slots.  Florida continues to schedule home only games outside of the state mandated Florida State game until they visit Miami in 2013.  Their 2009 and 2011 slates have not been filled yet but both include a SunBelt team and/or I-AA team.

How come Miami has had no problem filling their OOC slate with quality oppenents both home and away, yet Florida has a bunch of home games and Florida State away every other year?  They certainly have the opportunity to fix that.

According to this article, Ohio State would love a 1-1 with other big schools, but some are not willing to do it.

http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=2850

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thread hijacked by UCiF...I believe you have your own board.  Maybe we should start charging to join this board too.

Once again for you slow folks...STATE OF FLORIDA COLLEGE ATHLETICS BOARD.

What is the F'ing title of this thread???

I guess since its on the S.O.F.B you can come right in and crap on it, huh?  Stop acting like anyone gives a crap about your sorry ass team.  We are talking about UFs schedule not UCiFs. 

Actually I guess i'll buy a membership to Rival so I can crap on all of your posts.

Are you stupid?  Seriously, is there something wrong with you?  Can you not read?  Can you not see the first post of this thread?  I started this thread.  Also, I didn't bring UCF up, Joe did.  You know Joe, the USF fan who has defended UF before(I bet he's a closet Gator fan).  I, like many other people here, are fans of a second team.  My other team is putting their money where their mouth is and is playing those marquee opponents and Florida isn't, so I called them out.

Go back to the main board.  You're dragging the IQ here down ever further.

• Content Count:  526

Another thread hijacked by UCiF...I believe you have your own board.  Maybe we should start charging to join this board too.

I guess since its on the S.O.F.B you can come right in and crap on it, huh?  Stop acting like anyone gives a crap about your sorry ass team.  We are talking about UFs schedule not UCiFs. 

Actually I guess i'll buy a membership to Rival so I can crap on all of your posts.

Are you stupid?  Seriously, is there something wrong with you?  Can you not read?  Can you not see the first post of this thread?  I started this thread.  Also, I didn't bring UCF up, Joe did.  You know Joe, the USF fan who has defended UF before(I bet he's a closet Gator fan).  I, like many other people here, are fans of a second team.  My other team is putting their money where their mouth is and is playing those marquee opponents and Florida isn't, so I called them out.

No I'm not stupid. I have a double major and have knowledge about subjects that would blow your top off. 

I'm smart enough to not be pissed off about the comment you made about my IQ.  I know its just your way of getting through life.  Plus, I did read your entire post.  Obviously Joe had a reason to bring it up cuz you were writing nonsense.

I just think your the dumbs ass for posting on a teams board that your not a fan of.  The more your like realizes that your not wanted here then the better.

I find it funny that we have to pay to post on your dumb ass board but your free to write whatever garbage you want on ours. 

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Looking at the future schedules of the nation's top teams(on NationalChamps), I've noticed the growing trend of big name schools playing other schools out of state for OOC games.  What has led to games like Ohio State/Texas, Ohio State/USC and Tennessee/Cal has become a nationwide movement.  The only school that seems to be missing from this trend, as usual, is Florida.

UF continues to be unable to leave the state of Florida for an out of conference game.  For those who defend UF, let's look at some of the other big schools and what they are up to...

Florida State - @BYU(2009), @Oklahoma(2010), @Air Force(2011), @West Virginia(2012)

Miami - @Ohio State(2010), @Marshall(2011), @Kansas State(2012),

Georgia - @Oklahoma State(2009), @Colorado(2010), @Louisville(2012), @Clemson(2013), @Oregon(2015)

LSU - @Colorado(2012), @TCU(2014), @Arizona State(2016)

Oklahoma - @Miami(2009), @Cincinnati(2010), @Florida State(2011), @TCU(2012), @Notre Dame(2013), @Tennessee(2015), @Ohio State(2017)

Tennessee - @North Carolina(2011), @North Carolina State(2012), @Oregon(2013), @Oklahoma(2014), @Nebraska(2016)

Alabama - @Penn State(2011), @Duke(2012), @Georgia Tech(2014)

Ohio State - @Army(2010), @Miami(2011), @California(2013), @Virginia Tech(2015), @Oklahoma(2016)

USC - @Ohio State(2009), @Notre Dame(2009), @Hawaii(2010), @Syracuse(2012), @Notre Dame(2013), @Boston College(2014), @Notre Dame(2015)

Texas - @Arkansas(2009), @UCLA(2011), @Mississippi(2012)

West Virginia - @Auburn(2009), @Michigan State(2011), @Maryland(2011), @Florida State(2013)

So, Florida apologists, what's your excuse now?  EVERYONE else has the balls to lay it on the line.  Why are you so afraid to actually play the game away from your home?  Are you so greedy that you have to throw way more payout than everyone else to bring teams to Gainesville because you won't go play them?  Do you ever wonder why big name teams don't want to play you?  I'll give you a hint, it isn't out of intimidation...unless you're too intimidated to you know, actually play them at home.

wv has never played anyone tough!!!!!!!!!

florida plays a tough conference schedule and fsu every year

they dont have to justify anything to ftu/ou/oc

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

This coming from a fan of a school tha has pulled out of games against WVU and FLORIDA

We call this deflecting.  Since he is unable to properly defend the point, they resort to a completely unrelated topic.  UCF has gone out of state for OOC games.  Other schools, including BCS schools, have come from out of state to UCF for games.  Thanks for showing that UCF is helping and benefiting from this practice, which makes college football better.  That doesn't take away from the point that Florida takes away from college football as opposed to adding on to it.

For the nth time, the WVU game was a casualty of removing games off the schedule that were made during the independent days.  UCF is continuing to make strides in making up games with schools that got hit such as Pitt and WVU.  Florida's game was a crooked deal and was postponed, not canceled.

you guys are full of hot air

florida has one of toughest schedules every year because they play in  SEC

Looking at the future schedules of the nation's top teams(on NationalChamps), I've noticed the growing trend of big name schools playing other schools out of state for OOC games.  What has led to games like Ohio State/Texas, Ohio State/USC and Tennessee/Cal has become a nationwide movement.  The only school that seems to be missing from this trend, as usual, is Florida.

UF continues to be unable to leave the state of Florida for an out of conference game.  For those who defend UF, let's look at some of the other big schools and what they are up to...

Florida State - @BYU(2009), @Oklahoma(2010), @Air Force(2011), @West Virginia(2012)

Miami - @Ohio State(2010), @Marshall(2011), @Kansas State(2012),

Georgia - @Oklahoma State(2009), @Colorado(2010), @Louisville(2012), @Clemson(2013), @Oregon(2015)

LSU - @Colorado(2012), @TCU(2014), @Arizona State(2016)

Oklahoma - @Miami(2009), @Cincinnati(2010), @Florida State(2011), @TCU(2012), @Notre Dame(2013), @Tennessee(2015), @Ohio State(2017)

Tennessee - @North Carolina(2011), @North Carolina State(2012), @Oregon(2013), @Oklahoma(2014), @Nebraska(2016)

Alabama - @Penn State(2011), @Duke(2012), @Georgia Tech(2014)

Ohio State - @Army(2010), @Miami(2011), @California(2013), @Virginia Tech(2015), @Oklahoma(2016)

USC - @Ohio State(2009), @Notre Dame(2009), @Hawaii(2010), @Syracuse(2012), @Notre Dame(2013), @Boston College(2014), @Notre Dame(2015)

Texas - @Arkansas(2009), @UCLA(2011), @Mississippi(2012)

West Virginia - @Auburn(2009), @Michigan State(2011), @Maryland(2011), @Florida State(2013)

So, Florida apologists, what's your excuse now?  EVERYONE else has the balls to lay it on the line.  Why are you so afraid to actually play the game away from your home?  Are you so greedy that you have to throw way more payout than everyone else to bring teams to Gainesville because you won't go play them?  Do you ever wonder why big name teams don't want to play you?  I'll give you a hint, it isn't out of intimidation...unless you're too intimidated to you know, actually play them at home.

wv has never played anyone tough!!!!!!!!!

florida plays a tough conference schedule and fsu every year

they dont have to justify anything to ftu/ou/oc

Once again, what does this have to do with UCF?

No I'm not stupid. I have a double major and have knowledge about subjects that would blow your top off. 

I'm smart enough to not be pissed off about the comment you made about my IQ.  I know its just your way of getting through life.  Plus, I did read your entire post.  Obviously Joe had a reason to bring it up cuz you were writing nonsense.

I just think your the dumbs ass for posting on a teams board that your not a fan of.  The more your like realizes that your not wanted here then the better.

I find it funny that we have to pay to post on your dumb ass board but your free to write whatever garbage you want on ours. 

Double major?  Does that mean you're still in school?  Congrats on being willing to go the extra mile.  I have 2 completed degrees and will soon be pursuing a master's.  B.F.D.  Try and blow my mind with all this knowledge you have.  Please.  You've talked the talk, now back it up big boy.  If you want to even have a chance to wow me, show me your mastery of Taylor and McLauren series cause art history isn't going to do it.

Since you have yet to bring anything to the table defending Joe's position other than bringing up UCF, which had nothing to do with this entire thread, why should you be taken seriously.  Everyone here always wants to see facts and links to back it.  I've provided it.  What have you done besides deflect the point to UCF, who wasn't supposed to be a factor in this argument(cept some of you keep bringing them up)?

Ok, you're smart enough to not be pissed, but are you smart enough to use proofread a post that talks about someone's intelligence?  Usually it doesn't matter unless it makes it impossible to read, but if you are going to defend or insult intelligence, do your job and cover your ass.

The open board of Rivals doesn't cost anything.  It never has.  Cyberbull tends to post there pretty regularly.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Another thread hijacked by UCiF...

The thread was hijacked by Joe ....

I believe you have your own board.

THIS forum is to try and discuss ALL state of Florida college athletics...

Maybe we should start charging to join this board too.

We don't charge to join this board but we do take donations .... You have donated, right?

• Content Count:  171

With everything that is on the line, I would hope that once we get to the point of Big East dominance, we take the same approach.  There is a heck of a lot on the line if you can make it to a BCS bowl.  I wouldn't go out of my way to go on the road and find a way to get beat. 

How do you take issue with a team who plays Tennessee, Florida State, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, and Alabama????????????????????????

(And if you make it through you get a rematch with one of them in the SEC Championship game)

How many big time schools really have 5-6 games on their schedule that they could legitimately lose.

I DO COMMEND UCF FOR WILLING TO TRAVEL WITHIN THE STATE TO RAYMOND JAMES AND TO NEARLY GIVE UP ONE POINT FOR EVERY MILE YOU DROVE.

Don't use the Big East as a way of defending Florida's policy, especially if you're using SoS as an argument.  You're comparing #1 to #5/6.

Archived