• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stephan Nicholas starting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

MJ will be a first round pick and first round pick should start their first year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I will put money on it right now that mike jenkins has a better year than asante samuel.

I might have to take that bet.  Asante is real good, even if from UCiF

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I will put money on it right now that mike jenkins has a better year than asante samuel.

How much?

• Content Count:  12,293

anthony did have a great rookie year but i can tell you the reason he is still in the league is because he out worked everyone.

• Content Count:  4,016

I might have to take that bet.  Asante is real good, even if from UCiF

Jenkins will definitely need to earn it.  Asante might not be drafted as high but he took advantage of the opportunity- a lot like Anthony Henry did.  Besides, doesn't he tell the world he graduated from Anderson HS instead of UCiF on MNF? ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Henry Anthony started when he was a rookie and recorded 10 Ints..  I am sure Jenkins can be a starter..

as I recall, ANthony Henry did not have a start that year. He came in during nickel packages and seemed to be in the right place at the right time a ridiculous number of times. Not a knock against him-- he is one of our best players ever. But Mike has more raw physical talent than Anthony. I agree that Henry worked his butt off and continues to do so to maximize his potential. Mike could exceed that with a similar work ethic simply on pure ability alone.

Depending on what team drafts him, Jenkins can start in the NFL. Clearly-- a team that uses a pick as high as will be needed for him will have some serious needs at CB-- so his odds of being a starter out of the gate are significantly high.

Archived