• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IF USF had an OCS.... (FUN)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Field Nickname The Bull Pen

NICE!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

How about Jack Link's Stadium???  There logo on their beef jerky packets is very very similar to our school logo.  I think it would be pretty funny.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

How about Jack Link's Stadium???  There logo on their beef jerky packets is very very similar to our school logo.  I think it would be pretty funny.

Bridgeford > Jack Links

(although the "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials win hands down...)

• Content Count:  809

I think it's economically better for the school to just renovate it. Build outwards, make a the concourse go around the bleachers, and not through them. Get a hanging scoreboard over the court. Maybe a handicap accessible way to get up and down the bleachers would be nice (yeah, take a look next time you're there, that place is NOT handicap accessible, no railings ANYWHERE)

I just miss the good ole days when it was an inflatable dome!

bball%20rendering%20courtcrop%20sm.jpg

Sun Dome Renovation

Enclosed lower bowl, new seats and seating platforms, new scoreboards, renovated hospitality and concessions areas, southern expansion.

Nice, I definately hope they rennovate instead of nuking the dome and starting from scratch. I don't have trust in any builders to knock down a dome and build a fully functional one within a 6-8 month time span (especially in Florida where you've got the Hurricane factor that could possibly delay things) The Sun Dome has been a staple of the campus since 1980, keep it that way. They just better keep the mini-donut vendors!

• Content Count:  4,016

well, speaking of stadium names....

how come there's no corporate sponsor name on the Sun Dome? Does it have something to do with the University owning it? Can someone fill me in?

It does have something to do with the University not owning it.  The AFS deal fell through but there are others interested as well.  The Dome is used for a number of things and a consumer product company would like that type of advertising.

The money for naming rights would easily off-set the debt service on bonds to improve the Dome---with the practice courts, renovations, and dining hall the ticket would easily be $20Mish...10 year naming rights were going for $22M...$2M a year would more than cover the debt service and give Heath and Leavitt ample facilities that would rival all in the country.

• Content Count:  12,293

i dont think we can name the field after leavitt right away....it should be more of a parting gift when he retires.  that being said...

i would love to see anheuser busch sponser the stadium but for some reason, i dont see a college related  building being sponsered by a beer company.

Outback would be great.

• Content Count:  108

i dont think we can name the field after leavitt right away....it should be more of a parting gift when he retires.  that being said...

i would love to see anheuser busch sponser the stadium but for some reason, i dont see a college related  building being sponsered by a beer company.

Outback would be great.

In all seriousness, I think whenever an OCS does happen that Outback would be the most likely sponsor.  They have great ties to the area and are the type of company I could actually see throwing down enough money for the title rights.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Outback would be great.

It could be, "Busch Gardens Stadium."  A lot of people still don't associate that with Anheuser Busch.

• Content Count:  1,985

Busch Stadium...sounds good.  Thats what it should have been. 

GO BULLS!!!

Geesh, imagine that, a named stadium that wouldn't need a nickname.  And the jokes.  "And here come the Bulls charging into the Busch...."

Archived