• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa won't pursue ACC title game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know, i am VERY interested in attending the ACC title game this year

Well, you shouldn't have a hard time getting tickets.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  45

Nope, i just dont know what to expect for the prices (lowest price)....$40?

• Content Count:  695

It's not every day a BCS conference's championship game comes knocking on your door.

okay...

big deal..

I had the WVU-Oklahoma game here in Phoenix and did not attend.  If I lived in Tampa I wouldn't even consider going to an ACC Championship...LOL.  Maybe some will, we'll see I guess.  To me this game has no draw.  I don't follow the ACC, I don't follow any of their teams.  Why oh why would I care?  If I wanted to see the ACC Championship, I would have been by now.  So it makes it very hard for me to impact MY SCHOOL for this game.

Colby, not everyone thinks like you. 

But everyone thinks like you apparently....

I attended the Super Bowl in 2000, given the Giants were in it but even if they weren't I wouldn't have turned down going because it was a chance to see a big game. If I lived in Miami I would go to the Orange Bowl, i've gone to several Outback bowls. I will never understand sports fans that blindly follow one team in each sport and refuse to pay mind to any other.

• Content Count:  4,738

:ROFLMAO

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I attended the Super Bowl in 2000, given the Giants were in it but even if they weren't I wouldn't have turned down going because it was a chance to see a big game. If I lived in Miami I would go to the Orange Bowl, i've gone to several Outback bowls. I will never understand sports fans that blindly follow one team in each sport and refuse to pay mind to any other.

Whatever Colby.  I went to Final Fours, blah, blah, blah.  Not one of them did USF have to yield, or take a back seat to.  All, I am saying is that there will be sports fans that don't find the ACC game interesting (look at previous attendance for proof) and certainly there are gonna be USF fans who don't believe USF should sacrifice for such a game.  Just trying to help you understand there are reasons you won't win people over.  It's a pretty basic concept.

Hmmmm.  Super bowl > ACC Champ

Good Example buddy

• Content Count:  10,219

the ACC with tsa backing said to USF/BE tough we will not let you make an extra two million plus because we have a contract for that day. They said to the Tampa community we will deny you the "free" publicty this game would generate. This knowing that the Bucs have played less than 24hs after usf has played.

any reasonable person would be pissed.

the ACC could have easily compromised and come out with usf and tampa in there corner, even start healing some of the wounds from the BE raid and probably a few hundred thousand richer... who knows gurantees for future games ect. ect....instead they dug in their heels outside of the "spirit" of the contract and tried to stick one in the eye of USF and the BE.  The result is they have damaged their long term negotiating power both literally and figuratively, i doubt they get the benefit of the doubt in any future contract.

just my last $0.02 on the matter.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Thats the point that I have been trying to make. Im not against the ACC game in Tampa but when the ACC decided to play tough and basically say sorry we have a contract and we will not let you play a TV game in your home stadium two days before our game. Then they can kiss my behind and Im glad that they got burned by it. It would not have taken much for them to have allowed the game and they would still have had all day friday to prepare field. Their teams could have had walk thrus on wednesday and even thursday morning.

Sorry but I dont feel for them they acted pig headed and loss.

i dont care about the acc until they were given higher priority in our home stadium

the bucs dont even reserve the stadium for four days

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

You had well-though our points?

Oh ****.  Let me try to find them

They're in here ...

haystack.gif

shaped like a needle

Archived