• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa won't pursue ACC title game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

My favorite quote from what the mayor said about the meeting:

In Response to someone asking her if USF wants an on-campus stadium

"I bet the coach loves it. (Leavitt, in background: "Oh, sure.")"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,457

Games at RJ are good solid fun times.  Plenty of comfort, ETOH, and space.  We will be satisfied with 65k at games for now.  I am in now hurry to get OCS w/in next 10-15 yrs anyway.  Get a cafeteria/dining hall first!

Facility at RJ is state of the art and the players get to play where the Big Boys do on Sundays.

Peace.

• Content Count:  677

hey guys. the 2008 game with rutgers will not happen in the final week of the season. tampa has agreed not to pursue hosting the ACC championship game beyond 2009, and USF has agreed to negotiate a longer lease with TSA.

blogs.tampabay.com/usf

So a LOSE LOSE for all involved.  Great....

Likely to be a win for Orlando... as long as they get the Citrus bowl upgrades done..I think Charlotte already had the 2010 and 2011 ACC game locked in...So it may be good for all involved... USF locks up RJ... ACC keeps a central fla game .. in a better vacation city.. Orlando gets ACC champ game some of the time...

seems like a win for acc

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The problem was that the ACC wanted to have that 4 day window before the game.  Otherwise a Thursday USF Game and Saturday ACC CG would have worked.  TSA probably asked the ACC if they could do a deal without the 4-day window and the answer was no, so then there was no way to accomodate both games.  TSA gave that control to the ACC and once they got it the ACC had no incentive to give it up.

• Content Count:  1,219

I agree no winners here and USF may be the loser because of negative publicity (one of the papers today called USF whiners).  Charlotte is a better fit for ACC and would have likely landed the game long term away.  And I agree it is easier to fly in/out of Charlotte.  If you’ve done any traveling you know that it is hard to fly anywhere non-stop form TIA.

I worry less about the conflict the ACC title game had with this year’s possible Rutgers game, but there could have real problems if a game had to rescheduled to December due a hurricane. 

• Content Count:  2,277

I agree no winners here and USF may be the loser because of negative publicity (one of the papers today called USF whiners).  Charlotte is a better fit for ACC and would have likely landed the game long term away.  And I agree it is easier to fly in/out of Charlotte.  If youve done any traveling you know that it is hard to fly anywhere non-stop form TIA.

I worry less about the conflict the ACC title game had with this years possible Rutgers game, but there could have real problems if a game had to rescheduled to December due a hurricane. 

Yeah, wasn't it the WVU game 3 years ago that was rescheduled to December due to a hurricane?

• Content Count:  695

Not only is the profitable ACC title game that benefits our economy out of town but you still don't get your game against Rutgers. So nobody ends up happy, this is why USF and the rest of you should have kept your noses out of TSA's business. Now you get to sign an even bigger contract with TSA and complain about Raymond James for another decade.

See everything was fine and USF as well as it's idiot fans had to go and blow it. This is why if it aint broke you don't fix it. I am ashamed of my university for screwing over their metropolitan area to benefit themselves. Great job!

Only bright side is at least we will be staying in an elite NFL stadium for the next decade instead of moving into a low grade on campus stadium like UCF. For that I am content but driving the ACC title game out of town is uncalled for and I hope TSA goes against their word and bids for it again when it goes up for bidding.

• Content Count:  771

Not only is the profitable ACC title game that benefits our economy out of town but you still don't get your game against Rutgers. So nobody ends up happy, this is why USF and the rest of you should have kept your noses out of TSA's business. Now you get to sign an even bigger contract with TSA and complain about Raymond James for another decade.

See everything was fine and USF as well as it's idiot fans had to go and blow it. This is why if it aint broke you don't fix it. I am ashamed of my university for screwing over their metropolitan area to benefit themselves. Great job!

Only bright side is at least we will be staying in an elite NFL stadium for the next decade instead of moving into a low grade on campus stadium like UCF. For that I am content but driving the ACC title game out of town is uncalled for and I hope TSA goes against their word and bids for it again when it goes up for bidding.

So... have you given though to being a UF student? Do us a favor and leave. Seriously... just to make our community better, leave.USF doesnt want you here.... Genshaft told us so.

• Content Count:  695

The funny thing is I am not even a Gators fan. This all boils down to a Percy Harvin sig I had when I joined the site. I like Percy Harvin as a player, and Tim Tebow as a player. I could give a violation less about the Gators and their entire program, and in all honesty I am a true Bulls fan. I figured I would mess around and keep saying I was a Gators fan, but it's time I come out and tell the truth. I have no interest in University of Florida athletics, I just like Percy Harvin and Tim Tebow as players.

Archived