• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa won't pursue ACC title game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,607
  • Days Won:  424

I hope TSA goes against their word and bids for it again when it goes up for bidding.

Heck with the type crowds that game draws ....

acc2bchampionship2bgameqv7.jpg

Jesuit and Tampa Catholic ought to to bid on it. Still have that "major" impact on Tampa without having to mess with USF ....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

I think it is clear from the crybaby comments by ACC's Kelly that they know they are the long term term loser here.

"If the dates are available, it would seem shortsighted for a community not to consider pursuing a championship-level event like this," ACC associate commissioner Michael Kelly said. "We'll send out bids to cities that want us to play there. ... I don't know of a college football team in America that finishes its season at home every year."

Arrogance, thy initials are ACC.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/16/Sports/USF_runs_off_ACC_game.shtml

• Content Count:  108

I think this was the best possible outcome that we could hope for.  There was no way TSA could alter its contract with the ACC, but at least we are now going to be able to have preference before everyone else besides the Bucs, which is the way it should be.  I think everyone knew Genshaft was just blowing smoke when she talked about an on-campus stadium.  It wouldn't make any sense to leave one of the top stadiums in the NFL and build our own stadium with sub par resources.  We have the number five fan rated NFL stadium and number one NFL Player ranked field for our football program, why would we want to leave that unless we thought we could sell out a larger stadium and we had the resources to build a stadium of such magnitude.

• Content Count:  108

Not only is the profitable ACC title game that benefits our economy out of town but you still don't get your game against Rutgers. So nobody ends up happy, this is why USF and the rest of you should have kept your noses out of TSA's business. Now you get to sign an even bigger contract with TSA and complain about Raymond James for another decade.

See everything was fine and USF as well as it's idiot fans had to go and blow it. This is why if it aint broke you don't fix it. I am ashamed of my university for screwing over their metropolitan area to benefit themselves. Great job!

Only bright side is at least we will be staying in an elite NFL stadium for the next decade instead of moving into a low grade on campus stadium like UCF. For that I am content but driving the ACC title game out of town is uncalled for and I hope TSA goes against their word and bids for it again when it goes up for bidding.

I agree that staying at Raymond James is good for the football team. It is regarded as one of the top 5 NFL stadiums, so why move into a stadium that would be far less attractive and probably have 20,000 less seats? However, if we could somehow get a nice, large stadium of our own somewhere in Tampa, that would be nice but i do not see that happening considering the Devil Rays are struggling to get thier own stadium.

First of all, I'm sure USF would build a premier, pro-style stadium when ready to do so.  Not an erector set like UCiF.

The Rays(not the Devil Rays any longer) have a different problem altogether.  They rely, mostly, on tax payer $$$.  USF would rely on donor $$$.  Do we have a T. Boone Pickens type like OK State? LOL. But your right that it will be a long way away.  Thats fine, I'm young enough to see it happen one day.

Maybe one of you guys could get on inventing a weight loss pill that has no side effects and actually works...or maybe even a cure for cancer.  Then maybe we can get us some Oregon-esque facilities.

Archived