• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa won't pursue ACC title game

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

If you haven't invested financially, emotionally and physically in the program you like don't care about this ACC thing.  If you don't feel passionate and actively involved in the advancement of the program you can't possibly have the viewpoint that group would have.  As Henry Saavedra would say "therein lies the rub."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

If you haven't invested financially, emotionally and physically in the program you like don't care about this ACC thing.  If you don't feel passionate and actively involved in the advancement of the program you can't possibly have the viewpoint that group would have.  As Henry Saavedra would say "therein lies the rub."

If USF wants to advance they have to show some more humility, and same with the fans. If people were to go picket the ACC title game would that have set off positive vibes about the program? I don't think so.

I think TSA gives a good deal, we get to play in one of the newest and best NFL stadiums and not worry about paying a maintenance staff or utility bills. Plus it is a good draw to recruits getting to play in a pro stadium. I am not anti-TSA like everyone else here, and that allows me to support the ACC title game because I don't have this preconceived notion that TSA is out to get us and every deal they make with a non-USF entity is set to screw us.

I think if USF advances as a program it will be at Raymond James stadium, besides other athletic facilities need to be addressed such as the baseball and softball fields.

• Content Count:  45

If USF wants to advance they have to show some more humility, and same with the fans. If people were to go picket the ACC title game would that have set off positive vibes about the program? I don't think so.

I think TSA gives a good deal, we get to play in one of the newest and best NFL stadiums and not worry about paying a maintenance staff or utility bills. Plus it is a good draw to recruits getting to play in a pro stadium. I am not anti-TSA like everyone else here, and that allows me to support the ACC title game because I don't have this preconceived notion that TSA is out to get us and every deal they make with a non-USF entity is set to screw us.

I think if USF advances as a program it will be at Raymond James stadium, besides other athletic facilities need to be addressed such as the baseball and softball fields.

How about the Sun Dome? It is ancient.

• Content Count:  4,738

You forget that every citizen of the area has contributed to construction of the stadium, either willingly or not.  To be one of those citizens and see TSA give rights to said stadium that not even the main tenant possesses is sickening.

I

How about the Sun Dome? It is ancient.

Sun Dome is also higher priority but baseball and softball fields need to be addressed first. Then a dining hall for the football team so Jim Leavitt doesn't leave (jk).

You're wrong on many fronts.  The TSA does not "give a good deal".  There are pros and cons to playing there.  It is undeniable that the Bulls could benefit from more attractive terms (just the like the Bucs did).  Why should the Bucs receive money generated at a Bulls game?  That's a good deal?  For who?  The local economy (the Bucs)?

I'll say it again.  If USF is not an important facet in your life, it's easy to say let's have USF take a back seat to the ACC, TSA, local economy, whatever excuse.  It's like your own children....you don't tell them to play second fiddle to anyone - you want the best for them.  You help them get the best - to be the best.  You don't tell them to get the  lowest seat on the pecking order to be humble. 

Your opinion will never agree with mine and many others.  That doesn't matter.  What matters is you understand that there are people like me that will never change their outlook.  There is no way I think USF should yield to their own detriment.  You can state the same points over and over.  It doesn't matter.  Just thought I'd let you know.

You're wrong on many fronts.  The TSA does not "give a good deal".  There are pros and cons to playing there.  It is undeniable that the Bulls could benefit from more attractive terms (just the like the Bucs did).  Why should the Bucs receive money generated at a Bulls game?  That's a good deal?  For who?  The local economy (the Bucs)?

I'll say it again.  If USF is not an important facet in your life, it's easy to say let's have USF take a back seat to the ACC, TSA, local economy, whatever excuse.  It's like your own children....you don't tell them to play second fiddle to anyone - you want the best for them.  You help them get the best - to be the best.  You don't tell them to get the  lowest seat on the pecking order to be humble. 

Your opinion will never agree with mine and many others.  That doesn't matter.  What matters is you understand that there are people like me that will never change their outlook.  There is no way I think USF should yield to their own detriment.  You can state the same points over and over.  It doesn't matter.  Just thought I'd let you know.

I go to the school and have been a fan of their teams since 6th grade. The Bulls are an important facet in my life, but the ACC title game is kinda a big deal? Ya know? It's not every day a BCS conference's championship game comes knocking on your door.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Humility? I guess not getting money for concessions and most of the parking is not enough humility to you. The reality is that USF is a major tenant of RJS second only to the Bucs and thus should have more say in the dates for their games as well as what it should be able to get from concessions etc.

The ACC was the greedy party in all this, they could have easily allowed USF to play on thursday night and everything would have been just fine. Instead they decided to play hard ball and lost.

You seem to think that the city is losing alot by not having these two games. Well imagine how much it would hurt the city and county since they own the stadium if they lost one of their major tenants that plays six games yearly and provides free publicity for the area.

The reality is that it is time for the city and community to help USF grow because their growth will in the long term bring more financially to the city than two crappy ACC games. And Im saying that in the case that it is like the past two were the city of Jacksonville did not benefit as much as they thought they would. You talk about all the hotel rooms etc, but lets look at the financial part of the equation and what did the city had to give ACC to bring those games in. I would like to see those contracts.

It's not every day a BCS conference's championship game comes knocking on your door.

okay...

big deal..

I had the WVU-Oklahoma game here in Phoenix and did not attend.  If I lived in Tampa I wouldn't even consider going to an ACC Championship...LOL.  Maybe some will, we'll see I guess.  To me this game has no draw.  I don't follow the ACC, I don't follow any of their teams.  Why oh why would I care?  If I wanted to see the ACC Championship, I would have been by now.  So it makes it very hard for me to impact MY SCHOOL for this game.

Colby, not everyone thinks like you. 

• Content Count:  45

It's not every day a BCS conference's championship game comes knocking on your door.

okay...

big deal..

I had the WVU-Oklahoma game here in Phoenix and did not attend.  If I lived in Tampa I wouldn't even consider going to an ACC Championship...LOL.  Maybe some will, we'll see I guess.  To me this game has no draw.  I don't follow the ACC, I don't follow any of their teams.  Why oh why would I care?  If I wanted to see the ACC Championship, I would have been by now.  So it makes it very hard for me to impact MY SCHOOL for this game.

Colby, not everyone thinks like you. 

I dont know, i am VERY interested in attending the ACC title game this year, next year, and every other year, and i hate the ACC! I am glad it is in Tmapa this year and hope it comes back.

Archived