• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Justin Green - OUCH!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

How can all these kids be such morons. I'm sorry to be harsh but it is the truth

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

We have guys like this on the team right now and they have all gotten in and met the requirements previously    Leavitt has shown the commitment to these athletes that are close but may not quite be there on national signing day and they have ALL met the requirements, this new policy change will probably mean the loss of some recruits since other schools will sign them and wait for them to meet the requirements.

What we don't need is the special USF rules that are contrary to the majority of BCS level competition.

(sorry for the double post - it's appropriate however)

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

There are going to be casualties.  If he wants to be a Bull, he can be one.  Look at Sinclair.  This has happened in the past.

• Content Count:  4,738

anybody in the know -- what is minimum here?  2.0, 2.5.....sat 800, 900, 1000?  What is the brain trust requiring for an offensive lineman?

• Content Count:  1,261

Almost every BCS school and non BCS school make exceptions for admitting athletes.  UF actually has more exceptions than USF on their football team.

• Content Count:  3,574

I have no problem with this... long gone are the days of signing 29... 30... 31 players.

Fans of college football recruiting (including me) will now get excited when we hear that 1) USF has made an offer and 2) when a player commits to us.  We now don't have to worry if a player is going to make it or not.

We need to increase our APR... ASAP if possible.

However, I do have a problem with the 24 hour notice.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know what our APR is now but listed below is from the 2005-2006 season bowl teams done by UCF.  UCF shown for reference:

Meineke Car Care Bowl  South Florida 965

NC State 935

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl Nevada 892

UCF 880

Chew on it, savor it.

http://www.ncasports.org/images/2005%20Football%20APR%20Grad%20Rate%20Press%20Release.doc

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How can all these kids be such morons. I'm sorry to be harsh but it is the truth

First of all, it isn't the truth.  Just because someone isn't blessed with the same mental attributes you are, and/or the same supportive academic situation your family gave you does not make them a moron.  He hasn't robbed a bank, he just doesn't have the grades and scores that others do.  Unless you know he's purposely underachieved, you have no right to call him names.

Second, the problem isn't that the kid didn't qualify, it's that administration waited so long to let the coaching staff know he didn't qualify.  That's wrong, and it's someone purposely undermining the football program.

Finally, I appreciate the efforts to raise the academic standards of the student-athletes.  But doing so suddenly, without warning, is the wrong way to go about it.

Archived