• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Justin Green - OUCH!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know what our APR is now but listed below is from the 2005-2006 season bowl teams done by UCF.  UCF shown for reference:

Meineke Car Care Bowl  South Florida 965

NC State 935

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl Nevada 892

UCF 880

Chew on it, savor it.

http://www.ncasports.org/images/2005%20Football%20APR%20Grad%20Rate%20Press%20Release.doc

I'm not sure where the numbers used in that report come from (all sports maybe?), but our football APR has consistently been below the 925 loss of scholarships benchmark from the start of APR in 03/04. You can check out all of the NCAA APR numbers by school and sport here:

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/academics_and_athletes/education_and_research/academic_reform/apr/2005-06/school_data.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

How can all these kids be such morons. I'm sorry to be harsh but it is the truth

First of all, it isn't the truth.  Just because someone isn't blessed with the same mental attributes you are, and/or the same supportive academic situation your family gave you does not make them a moron.  He hasn't robbed a bank, he just doesn't have the grades and scores that others do.  Unless you know he's purposely underachieved, you have no right to call him names.

Second, the problem isn't that the kid didn't qualify, it's that administration waited so long to let the coaching staff know he didn't qualify.  That's wrong, and it's someone purposely undermining the football program.

Finally, I appreciate the efforts to raise the academic standards of the student-athletes.  But doing so suddenly, without warning, is the wrong way to go about it.

I doubt its because he's not smart, its high school!  He probably, like most athletes, pay more attention to football, partying, etc. and doesnt pay attention in class.

A lack of discipline and focus that can easily be fixed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

anybody in the know -- what is minimum here?  2.0, 2.5.....sat 800, 900, 1000?  What is the brain trust requiring for an offensive lineman?

what a completely IGNORANT comment to make. Offensive linemen are generally speaking some of the smartest players on any field. Take a look at the Wunderlich scores if you doubt that.

• Content Count:  4,738

anybody in the know -- what is minimum here?  2.0, 2.5.....sat 800, 900, 1000?  What is the brain trust requiring for an offensive lineman?

what a completely IGNORANT comment to make. Offensive linemen are generally speaking some of the smartest players on any field. Take a look at the Wunderlich scores if you doubt that.

get over it.  i just want to know what the board will accept

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

The 6-foot-4, 365-pound Green, meanwhile, said he will reconsider offers from South Carolina and Ole Miss along with North Carolina.

Remember hearing things from SEC fans and a certain coach.

They will have to drop this excuse when they lose to us in the future.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  919

If I was Leavitt, I'd be pi**ed.  Raising the academic standards is OK, but the timing is assinine.  These coaches have been building relationships with these kids for years, and to suddenly change the rules right before signing day is ridiculous.  How embarrasing to have to call a kid you've been on for years and to suddenly tell them there is no scholarship.  The administration are idiots for pulling this at the last minute.

• Content Count:  277

If I was Leavitt, I'd be pi**ed.  Raising the academic standards is OK, but the timing is assinine.  These coaches have been building relationships with these kids for years, and to suddenly change the rules right before signing day is ridiculous.  How embarrasing to have to call a kid you've been on for years and to suddenly tell them there is no scholarship.  The administration are idiots for pulling this at the last minute.

Agreed.  Couldn't have said it any better.

• Content Count:  98

But hasn't Green been a solid verbal for months? Why didn't Leavitt or JG work harder to make sure he got the grades or test scores that were deficient? If it was grades, he could have busted his butt in Fall to show he was making an effort. If its test scores, he could be retaking and studying to show improvement. It's not like this committee didn't exist before, they just changed the point at which they meet (prior to NLIs now). My understanding is that the exceptions are similar to past years, its just that they're being looked at earlier in the process. Would it be better to get Green to sign an NLI knowing full well that he's only a 50/50 (or less) chance of being admitted?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

The 6-foot-4, 365-pound Green, meanwhile, said he will reconsider offers from South Carolina and Ole Miss along with North Carolina.

Go BULLS !!!

Why not wait to see if you can enroll ANYWHERE come August...as USF has been the KING of signing players that obviously didn't stand much of chance of enrolling at USF the falling fall semester.

• Content Count:  4,738

Go BULLS !!!

Why not wait to see if you can enroll ANYWHERE come August...as USF has been the KING of signing players that obviously didn't stand much of chance of enrolling at USF the falling fall semester.

all those losses to us must sting pretty bad.

don't worry, only one more.

then you can take your little light to the C Doa Boards

Archived