• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest on Streeter | Streeter to decide today | USC ???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

My point was simply, in the zero sum game of last minute recruiting, maybe our time is better spent on some of the other fence sitters who might be a little more willing to bull-ieve, to coin a phrase....not necessarily, A-rod Jr.

You do realize that the amount of time spent on Streeter on a message board at this point in time does not necessarily equate to the amount of time our staff is spending on him ...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Hilarious that an 18 year old kid has fans of 5 different schools waiting for him to finish class, head home, talk to his parents and announce his intentions. (I'm guilty too)

Welcome to bigtime college football for better or worse.

Worse, I vote. I think we should revel in the 2 WRs already tuned up to come here, and develop the guys we have on scholly now.   Seems like we have bigger needs than the 2008 Valedictorian of the A-rod "Let me announce my free agency during the world series because i'm so important" school of Public Relations.

For anyone who saw our lines get whipped in the bowl games, I'd double down with the scholly on some beef on the OL and DL...

We are bringing in some good size on the OL in Popek, Green, Estanor, Garvin.

DL we are adding Grissom who is 275 and Bedford who is Selvie size but can get to the QB and also Craig Marshall who is probably around 260, but will probably play DT/DE depending on down and distance.  Kyrhi Thronton would be great at 290 and the kid si athletic given he played parttime fullback this year.

way to set him straight

Ha, exactly.

sort of my point, as well, thornton, your example, wasn't really offered until recently because of grades, as i recall reading. my point is, let's take some chances in positions of need, which to me, is more the lines, particular the Dline now, than WR.

Set 'em straight indeed, tex....

Ha.  Was not trying to set anyone straight.  

I agree we need to take chances on kids on the DL and we have done that.  Leslie Stirrups and Craig Marshall, who both went juco, and we had Frank Harry (4star JUCO) and James Boger (I thought he would play DL, could be wrong) quit after a couple days of practice 2 years ago.  We had Dampier quit and go home this year and another DT (kid from Starke whose name I forget) be hurt all year.  That's 6 players, one of whome we get back, but most of whom had decent size.

The situation with Thornton as far as bringing him in for an official or not was strange, but I understand we have an offer for him while FSU does also, but the FSU offer may be a grayshirt.

• Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

My point was simply, in the zero sum game of last minute recruiting, maybe our time is better spent on some of the other fence sitters who might be a little more willing to bull-ieve, to coin a phrase....not necessarily, A-rod Jr.

You do realize that the amount of time spent on Streeter on a message board at this point in time does not necessarily equate to the amount of time our staff is spending on him ...

Really? Thanks for clarifying, Jim.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

Really? Thanks for clarifying, Jim.

the coaches not post on the board. I thought smazza was Leavitt.

• Content Count:  98

Let them have their moment.  You have to understand that for the past year at least, everyone has been tell him and many like him how special he is.  If you want to blame anyone, blame your own coach, blame Steve Spurrier and every other coach trying to get him.  But understand this, all you guys that said the nice raise Coach Leavitt received a few days back, he earned.  Well, if he did earn it, it was because of kids like Streeter. 

After his announcement, he will be nothing more then a freshman WR somewhere.  Let them have this time, who would not do the same if they could?

• Content Count:  1,741

Streeter is just playing a game now.  He knows where he will go and all the coaches have been told where he will go.  The only ones that do not know are you, me and all the other internet junkies.

• Content Count:  5,241

Think he's just waitin out to see which school will offer the highest bid $$ ?

• Content Count:  4,016

Streeter is just playing a game now.  He knows where he will go and all the coaches have been told where he will go.  The only ones that do not know are you, me and all the other internet junkies.

How can you say that?  Even his parents have both been quoted as saying they're not sure and the family is torn between all five schools.  He may not come to USF but I don't think it's because the Streeter family is playing any games.  They've been very thorough and thought this thing out.  Tommy has had excellent visits to five schools, all well with the exception of Miami, have offenses that fit his style of play and all are good schools.  The kid is taking his time because he has a life altering decision.

Scout.com has great connections at USF, they know that USF technically is not out of it....that is a fact.  Now there is a more likely occurence that the family is split, and that sometimes drags things out for a while.

• Content Count:  1,741

The CANE Scout boards Football & Recruiting are agog over a RUMOR. 

Fact Lavron Byrd a W/R just committed to the CANES.

This just in;

WR Tommy Streeter – In a highly anticipated signing that will begin at 9 a.m. tomorrow, the Canes are certainly in the thick of things with Streeter.

Archived