• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida All-State Football Teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here are the USF verbals who were named to All-State teams. It's ironic that just about all of them are rated with only two stars by the recruiting services. If I overlooked someone, please add the name(s) to the list: 

Florida All-State Football Teams

Class 6A

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

P: Justin Brockhaus-Kann, Winter Springs, Sr., 6-4, 245. (2 stars Scout and Rivals)

THIRD TEAM OFFENSE

OL: Danous Estenor, Palm Beach Central, Sr., 6-3, 305 (2 stars Scout and Rivals)

OL: Justin Green, Palm Beach Gardens, Sr.,  (3 stars Scout and 2 stars Rivals)

HONORABLE MENTION

LB: Mike Lanaris, Lake Mary, Sr., 6-1, 230 (2 stars Scout and Rivals)

Class 5A

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

OL: Josh Garvin, Lakeland Lake Gibson, Sr., 6-4, 275 (2 stars Scout and Rivals)

OL: Mark Popek, Plant City, Sr., 6-7, 300  (1 star Scout at the moment and 2 stars Rivals)

Class 3A

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

P: Maikon Bonani, Lake Wales, Sr., 5-11, 165 (2 stars Scout, not listed on Rivals)

Class 2A

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

DB: Evan Landi, Coral Springs Charter, Sr., 6-3, 200 (2 stars Scout and Rivals)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Not to mention the ones that haven't verballed yet.  Still a chance at Streeter and Quavon Taylor.  Certainly a nice list of players.

Go Bulls!!!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

SEVICeble but no playermaKERAS

HOPEING USF SAVING BAST FOR LAST

WQITH UOUT MASSIVE UPGRdi int tatelnt us fwill remain lucky to reAIM 4-3

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Holy crap, how many did you kick back before typing this one out? ;D

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Holy crap, how many did you kick back before typing this one out? ;D

LOL sad thing is I understood what he typed haha

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Quavon Taylor, who just gave a verbal to USF, was also All-State Class 6A First Team Defense.

• Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

Quavon Taylor, who just gave a verbal to USF, was also All-State Class 6A First Team Defense.

Right here is why I don't waste my money on the premium content at so called expert recruiting sites.  How can a kid be on the 6A 1st team and he has not even been rated yet by either service?  Glad I save my money.  Does Josh or Dave have any input on who should be looked at for evaluation by these sites?  If we were Notre Dame would he be a 4 or 5 star already?  The fact that he isn't even rated as a 2 or 3 star is ridiculous.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Right here is why I don't waste my money on the premium content at so called expert recruiting sites.  How can a kid be on the 6A 1st team and he has not even been rated yet by either service?  Glad I save my money.  Does Josh or Dave have any input on who should be looked at for evaluation by these sites?  If we were Notre Dame would he be a 4 or 5 star already?  The fact that he isn't even rated as a 2 or 3 star is ridiculous.

Wait, the star system is flawed? Crap, someone let cee and smazza know.

What I love is when the recruiting classes are ranked, the inflated stars for kids recruited at "big time" programs then adds to the illusion that FSU (example) had a great recruiting class. If someone really wanted to evaluate recruiting classes, they should also look at a team's needs. For example, if UF signs a 5 star QB, that really should help their overall class ranking because no one is taking the job from Tebow.

OK, I'll cut my star rating rant short.

Let's get Streeter to sign on the dotted line and I think we will be set.

• Content Count:  4,016

You are right that given this kids credentials and accolades that had he committted to Tennessee or ND early he would be 3-4 stars.  Size be damned because he has the speed and cover ability to easily play safety, he reminds me of a slightly bigger version of Emmanuel Cook that was a three star and signed with South Carolina, is now a starting SS at 5-10 210lbs and was an all-SEC selection.  Taylor is easily an inch taller, and broader shouldered, but just as fast, if not faster, then Cook.

Remember Taylor led MNW in tackles TWO YEARS IN A ROW!  AND THAT IS PLAYING NEXT TO SEAN SPENCE!  He led the HS National Champions in tackles this year....think about it.  The only uncertainty about Taylor is finding him a position because once he finds one he'll dominate.

• Content Count:  4,016

Since steve-o needs to lambast instead of learn....Demetrious Murray and Cory Grissom were first team AAA All-State for GA, and Murray was the POY for AAA in the State of GA. 

Bedford was the Defensive POY for his JC Conference. 

Archived