• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

make no mistake about it, tho... USF is far superior to UCF in everything

markey_mark_wtf.gif

Except mindlessly staring for hours on end.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Can I officially make a request for bringing the Dumbgeon out of retirement?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Can I officially make a request for bringing the Dumbgeon out of retirement?

Not sure how the new board will work but I'm all for that, if we can make it restricted so not just anybody checking the site out can see it ... Dump their posts in there, along with anyone who wants to play with them, and turn out the light.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

UCF has a BCS point. that is what distinguishes them from the rest of the pack, and from us for that matter.

*****, but what it shows is that BCS viability doesn't really indicate quality of program. how many top 25 teams and powerhouse teams have we beaten?  and UCF? yet they have a point, we don't. Big East needs points.

i also agree that they are going with pairs. i have no interest in UCF. their fanbase, their alum in the political arena, and the Orlando media have done nothing but try to damage and publicly degrade, diminish and marginalize our program and poor-mouth our coaches, players and admin.

BUT... they have a BCS point and they fit as a geographic "pair" for USF.

make no mistake about it, tho... USF is far superior to UCF in everything, with the exception of low-budget recycled beer can aluminum erector set on campus stadiums, in which case they've got us beat. but we have a significant head start in recruiting talent-- 2 BCS-level classes in, we have stronger history and tradition (road wins at ranked ND, FSU, Miami, AU, home wins against ranked Kansas, WVU, Louisville and Bowling Green, wins against Clemson, UNC, NCState and conference wins over every single team in the Big East, 6 straight bowls... oh yeah, and we've got a 4-0 all time series lead against UCF.

nothing to worry about. we have already navigated these waters, we have already had our 2-5, 3-4, 4-3 BE records. UCF is in for a few 6-6 seasons or worse trying to catch up, by which time the new reallignments will be taking place.

Thank you for recognizing that we do bring a lot more to the table than your fellow fans think.  

That said, I prefer our OCS over your current situation.  I've been to both Miami and USF games,  where they are played in pro stadiums and the atmosphere is nothing short of terrible by comparison.  

Also, how many of those wins among your "tradition" came while you were in a BCS conference?  How many of your wins against UCF came while you were in a BCS conference?  With the news of your move from C-USA to the Big East, you were still able to recruit BCS talent early enough in time for most of our 4-game series.  

It will be nice to have a level playing field and see which place the recruits will prefer now. :)

Hopefully see you on the field in 2012.

Go Knights!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

UCF has a BCS point. that is what distinguishes them from the rest of the pack, and from us for that matter.

*****, but what it shows is that BCS viability doesn't really indicate quality of program. how many top 25 teams and powerhouse teams have we beaten?  and UCF? yet they have a point, we don't. Big East needs points.

i also agree that they are going with pairs. i have no interest in UCF. their fanbase, their alum in the political arena, and the Orlando media have done nothing but try to damage and publicly degrade, diminish and marginalize our program and poor-mouth our coaches, players and admin.

BUT... they have a BCS point and they fit as a geographic "pair" for USF.

make no mistake about it, tho... USF is far superior to UCF in everything, with the exception of low-budget recycled beer can aluminum erector set on campus stadiums, in which case they've got us beat. but we have a significant head start in recruiting talent-- 2 BCS-level classes in, we have stronger history and tradition (road wins at ranked ND, FSU, Miami, AU, home wins against ranked Kansas, WVU, Louisville and Bowling Green, wins against Clemson, UNC, NCState and conference wins over every single team in the Big East, 6 straight bowls... oh yeah, and we've got a 4-0 all time series lead against UCF.

nothing to worry about. we have already navigated these waters, we have already had our 2-5, 3-4, 4-3 BE records. UCF is in for a few 6-6 seasons or worse trying to catch up, by which time the new reallignments will be taking place.

Thank you for recognizing that we do bring a lot more to the table than your fellow fans think.  

That said, I prefer our OCS over your current situation.  I've been to both Miami and USF games,  where they are played in pro stadiums and the atmosphere is nothing short of terrible by comparison.  

Also, how many of those wins among your "tradition" came while you were in a BCS conference?  How many of your wins against UCF came while you were in a BCS conference?  With the news of your move from C-USA to the Big East, you were still able to recruit BCS talent early enough in time for most of our 4-game series.  

It will be nice to have a level playing field and see which place the recruits will prefer now. :)

Hopefully see you on the field in 2012.

Go Knights!

I wish people would stop with the BCS recruiting myth. if recruiting improves that much then who suffers? it's a zero sum game after all. do other BCS programs suffer? how can TCu out recruit vandy? isn't vandy in a BCS conference?

did our recruiting improve that much after we joined the BE? a good number of our NFL players were recruited while we were in c-usa or lower. it's a myth that once you get BCS AQ status that you will magically recruit better. going from the BE to the SEC(both AQ conferences) would have a much greater effect than going from c-usa to BE. the jump in prestige and schedule is that much greater.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26

Looking on the bright side...

Sold out home game vs. UCF > 40,000 in the stands for Syracuse.

Away game 90 miles away at UCF > away game somewhere in the northeast where the band can't even go.

Also if we can make it a Thanksgiving weekend game we can solve that weekend attendance problems AND it is one less late season game either of us have to play in the cold weather

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26

this is a complete embarrassment to further drive the BE into the ground.  how can you justify saving AQ status by adding more non-AQ ***** teams?  FAILLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how do you solve the problem?

While USF is in a worse position than they were in.  They are still in a better position than letting the conference die

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

UCF is going to drag this conference into the ******* depths.  thanks for ruining it for everyone.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

UCF is garbage.  be happy about your **** team dragging our conference down.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UCF is going to drag this conference into the ******* depths.  thanks for ruining it for everyone.

I don't see it as being THAT bad...