• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

From http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1200413

Their previous home, Red McEwen Field, was perhaps the worst college facility in the southeast.

I know he's a UCF homer through and through, but isn't there a better way to word what he said?  It just seems borderline rude.  Any thoughts?

It's not surprising, and it doesn't bother me in the least. Baseball needed the facilities upgrade; now if we could just upgrade the actual team itself, so we're not losing to the likes of Evansville and FGCU.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think Brandon was my first introduction to UCF fan many many many moons ago over on the ESPN message boards.

I remember him on some of our older boards and he was douchebag then. I remember posting something about how our recruiting was beginning to pass UCF's and I had never seen a more beligerent person.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Fat Daddy is a clown.

That said, he isn't that far off on that assessment. Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that anymore.

He's an idiot, and a dolt.  He is inaccurate because his assessment is all encompassing and not qualifying.  Was USF's baseball facility one of the worst college facilities in the entire southeast?  Hardly, he'd have to look at all the JUCO, DII, DIII, and NAIA schools before arriving at such a conclusion, and I know he has not done that.  I for one have seen quite a few JUCU, and DII schools who's facilities were no better, or in fact worse, then Red.  Therefore it was a pot-shot, or just awful reporting/writing.  You be the judge which it was, probably equal parts of each since Brandon is a horrible writer too. 

The only way that statement is close to being accurate if he qualified it properly by saying 'one of the worst Division 1 facilities in the southeast.  That was possible, but that is one that would be far closer to being accurate then being the worst 'college' facility in the Southeast.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Where there's smoke, there's fire.  Smith evidently sent a fax to Lville newspaper that included his request for release from the LOI...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

I wish the Courier writer would have been a little more clear about verifying the fax was authentic but it sure looks like it's the real deal this time ...

Smith said in a phone conversation with The Courier-Journal that he would not comment further.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110328/SPORTS02/303280103/1002/sports/Former-Seneca-QB-DaMarcus-Smith-asks-released-by-UCF?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

Smith visited Orlando again just 2 weeks ago and told Oleary he was still committed and now this fax comes to a newspaper and UCF but he never contacts anyone by phone at UCF before doing so....something is not right, if I were UCF I'd give the NCAA a call for tampering by Louisville boosters/coaches and would not release him

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Smith visited Orlando again just 2 weeks ago and told Oleary he was still committed and now this fax comes to a newspaper and UCF but he never contacts anyone by phone at UCF before doing so....something is not right, if I were UCF I'd give the NCAA a call for tampering by Louisville boosters/coaches and would not release him

If I was UCF I'd be careful crying foul when there are foxes in your own hen house.  The method of coercion allegedly used by UCF to lure this kid was hardly quality, nevermind the incessant allegations that UCF has never stopped the dirty tactics in recruiting that got their hand slapped the first time by the NCAA.  Yeah, from what I hear the last thing UCF wants to do is get the NCAA down here sniffing around their compound-- never know what they're going to dig up. :o

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

If I was UCF I'd be careful crying foul when there are foxes in your own hen house.  The method of coercion allegedly used by UCF to lure this kid was hardly quality, nevermind the incessant allegations that UCF has never stopped the dirty tactics in recruiting that got their hand slapped the first time by the NCAA.  Yeah, from what I hear the last thing UCF wants to do is get the NCAA down here sniffing around their compound-- never know what they're going to dig up. :o

if you read the recent quotes from Oleary on Smith's last visit just 2 weeks ago he admitted that "there is a lot of stuff going on up there"(Louisville)..........I know you and Louisville fans will keep using the resume thing from over 10 years ago to assume Oleary did something wrong but it's most likely a case where he was still being recruited after his LOI and possible involvement by Louisville boosters. I hope the NCAA is sniffing up in Kentucky. Coach Kelly is a good man and would not spew lies