Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

But Smith said that there's only one other quarterback on the roster and that he was told Godfrey probably will change positions before next season.

“The situation's so unique at Central Florida,†he said. “They have a great quarterback, but the quarterback and coaching staff all know what he is going to play at the next level. I've talked to (Godfrey) a lot, and he's excited about switching positions.â€

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110204/SPORTS11/302040072/1002/sports/Picking-Central-Florida-business-decision-DaMarcus-Smith?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• UCFChad

• crambone

• flsportsfan83

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

But Smith said that there's only one other quarterback on the roster and that he was told Godfrey probably will change positions before next season.

“The situation's so unique at Central Florida,†he said. “They have a great quarterback, but the quarterback and coaching staff all know what he is going to play at the next level. I've talked to (Godfrey) a lot, and he's excited about switching positions.â€

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110204/SPORTS11/302040072/1002/sports/Picking-Central-Florida-business-decision-DaMarcus-Smith?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

The Courier writers were uninformed and put Godfrey's name in there when it's actually Calabrese switching positions, whether they did it on purpose for a spin job for their delusional fanbase who knows. UCF's beat writer Iliania Limon:

UCF coach George O’Leary clearly said in the interview posted above Jeff Godfrey is the Knights’ starter and had the advantage going into a quarterback battle with DaMarcus Smith and Blake Bortles, but the players would be given a chance to compete. I double checked with UCF today, I can tell you Godfrey absolutely is not changing positions next season. Smith was never told Godfrey was changing positions. Smith was referring to Rob Calabrese’s move to receiver. The reporter inserted the wrong quarterback’s name into the quote.

– Iliana

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/02/ucf-coach-george-oleary-talks-about-newest-recruits-handling-quarterback-competition.html#comments

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

The Courier writers were uninformed and put Godfrey's name in there when it's actually Calabrese switching positions, whether they did it on purpose for a spin job for their delusional fanbase who knows. UCF's beat writer Iliania Limon:

UCF coach George O’Leary clearly said in the interview posted above Jeff Godfrey is the Knights’ starter and had the advantage going into a quarterback battle with DaMarcus Smith and Blake Bortles, but the players would be given a chance to compete. I double checked with UCF today, I can tell you Godfrey absolutely is not changing positions next season. Smith was never told Godfrey was changing positions. Smith was referring to Rob Calabrese’s move to receiver. The reporter inserted the wrong quarterback’s name into the quote.

– Iliana

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/02/ucf-coach-george-oleary-talks-about-newest-recruits-handling-quarterback-competition.html#comments

Calabrese is a great quarterback now?? .... I agree that Godfrey changing positions doesn't make much sense but it will be interesting to see if the L'ville writers come back with something ..... and Smith is still full of **** about Bridgewater not being the reason he changed his mind.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I think the thing to take away is that O'leary is still a liar.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I think the thing to take away is that O'leary is still a liar.

True dat!!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

– Iliana

Calabrese is a great quarterback now?? .... I agree that Godfrey changing positions doesn't make much sense but it will be interesting to see if the L'ville writers come back with something ..... and Smith is still full of **** about Bridgewater not being the reason he changed his mind.

Also, Calabrese is going to play at the next level?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

– Iliana

Also, Calabrese is going to play at the next level?

AFL2?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm convinced Smith meant Godfrey, now whether he was mistaken, or the coaches actually told him that is a different story.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

I'm convinced Smith meant Godfrey, now whether he was mistaken, or the coaches actually told him that is a different story.

i'm sure he's just mistaken....o'leary has never been one to lie  >:D

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,674
  • Days Won:  4

Just wanted to throw out there....I know UCF always tries to make fun of USF because they say we aren't in "South Florida".....although that name was selected by a Gator.

But why don't they get grief for selecting a "Pegasus" as their logo? Their Mascot is the knights....a title given to members of the warrior class in Europe during the Middle Ages (5th to 15th centuries).

Yet a Pegasus is a creature of Greek mythology. The Greek Empire was mostly in existence from 6th century BC to 146 BC. What in the world does a Pegasus and Knight have to do with each other? Maybe some kid playing Dungeons & Dragons would think it would be cool to match them together but seriously.....did these people not have a history department before they linked these up?

What is even worse.....they put this stupid "mythological creature" as their University seal. Let's compare:

USF's Seal

300px-Seal_of_the_University_of_South_Florida.png

UCF's Seal

200px-UCF_Seal.svg.png

Really?!? This is supposed to be a school of higher learning?? Why don't they just go ahead and rename the school to the University of Disney and Fairy Tales.