• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

Is it true that he has a ridiculously high buyout?

I believe it's 1 million per year for every year that's left. So right now it stands at 5 million. I could be wrong but that's the impression I get from reading UCF fans posts.

I think that was it, too .... but I also think i remember it was capped at $5 million so it never was higher than that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

O'leary keeps collecting his retirement check, his act is growing old and worse every season...from the way he treats boosters, fans, media and the bottom line performance on the field. Starts Calabrese again after he struggled against a AA opponent and he immediately puts us in 14-0 hole w/ 2 turnovers....that falls on the head man...honestly I've been on the get rid of him bandwagon since the 64-12 disaster in 07...I never root against my school but part of me wants this year to go really bad (2-3 wins) so maybe the AD will get the point and try to force him to retire and maybe avoid some that buyout(which was stupid in the first place for a guy that old)...ofcourse there are still some homers that still somehow support the guy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

O'leary keeps collecting his retirement check, his act is growing old and worse every season...from the way he treats boosters, fans, media and the bottom line performance on the field. Starts Calabrese again after he struggled against a AA opponent and he immediately puts us in 14-0 hole w/ 2 turnovers....that falls on the head man...honestly I've been on the get rid of him bandwagon since the 64-12 disaster in 07...I never root against my school but part of me wants this year to go really bad (2-3 wins) so maybe the AD will get the point and try to force him to retire and maybe avoid some that buyout(which was stupid in the first place for a guy that old)...ofcourse there are still some homers that still somehow support the guy

He IS starting the transfer this week, isn't he??

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

GOL is an insufferable ***** so he will not leave early without a buy out.  This is a really sticky situation for UCF since it means basically who ever they hire will be pretty much getting paid >>>5million to take over if they fire him and GOL is not the kind of guy to do anything that benefits anyone but himself or to be coerced into doing anything.  You just have to hope he gets tried of coaching and truly wants to retire anything beyond that and it will just get messy.   

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Nobody said FSU was a top ranked team, but it is always good to beat one of the "big 3" teams in florida as you could imagine

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You'll have to forgive him.  A lot of UCF fans think that moral victories are better than actual ones.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

...not only do they lose to a bad ECU team but they watch USF dismantle FSU on national TV. The same FSU program they once modeled themselves after...well that was before they became the halfway house for slow, poorly coached tweeners. The funny thing is that they cannot afford to buy out O'Liar. They better be careful or the bank may foreclose on the TinCan if they don't figure out how to get paying customers to fill rthe seats to watch Division I-AA football. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase....we may never see Knightlife and company again. LOL

Everything is coming to fruition just like USF fans predicted 10 years ago...

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

...not only do they lose to a bad ECU team but they watch USF dismantle FSU on national TV...

Must suck for you not to be able to let go of an old, short-lived rivalry.  Let it go, dude.  Let it go. 

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

...not only do they lose to a bad ECU team but they watch USF dismantle FSU on national TV...

Must suck for you not to be able to let go of an old, short-lived rivalry.  Let it go, dude.  Let it go. 

It's hard to let it go.  Too many years of dealing with their fans on the internet.