• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt has done a good job. Having said that, any team could fashion a winner if lucked into a

BCS conference.  You guys don't realize that UCF is destined to spring the proverbial trojan horse onto the college football scene

sooner than later.  Patience is a virtue and you boys will find me on the winning side of the stadium in the next few years.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Of course you'll be on the winning side of the stadium, you'll be playing UAB.  Oh wait . . .

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Leavitt has done a good job. Having said that, any team could fashion a winner if lucked into a

BCS conference.  You guys don't realize that UCF is destined to spring the proverbial trojan horse onto the college football scene

sooner than later.  Patience is a virtue and you boys will find me on the winning side of the stadium in the next few years.

Believers like you should not accuse others of drinking koolaid.  I'll tell you this, everything USF'rs have predicted about your football program have come true.  It's gonna suck being broke for the next decade.  Maybe you guys can win a FCS championship?

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Having said that, any team could fashion a winner if lucked into a BCS conference.

You so don't want to go there.

Here are the comparisons of USF and UCiF from the start of I-A play to the end of 2004. In 2004, USF was in the 2nd season of C-USA play and UCiF was in the 3rd season of MAC play.

UCiF compiled a 46-55 (45.54%) overall record from 1996 to 2004. Their record vs I-A teams was 32-55 (36.78%) and were 4 of 37 (9.76%) vs I-A teams with a winning record. UCiF was 1 and 29 vs the BCS (3.33%).

UCiF's significant wins were the following:

1997 -  9-3 Toledo (not ranked when they played UCiF and they lost the MAC Champ game)

1998 -  7-5 @Toledo  (lost MAC Champ game)

2001 -  6-5 UAB

2002 -  7-5 Miami (OH)

USF compiled a 28-16 (63.64%) overall record from 2001 to 2004. Their record vs I-A teams was 20-16 (55.56%) and were 8 of 13 (38.10%) vs I-A teams with a winning record. USF was 1 and 5 vs the BCS (16.67%).

USF's significant wins were the following:

2001 -  7-5 @Pitt (Won the Tangerine Bowl)

2002 -  8-4 N. Illinois

2002 -  7-5 @N. Texas (SBC Champ and won the NO Bowl)

2002 -  7-5 So Miss (Lost the Houston Bowl)

2002 -  9-3 #26/25 Bowling Green (AP/Coaches Polls)

2003 -  9-3 Louisville (Lost the GMAC Bowl)

2003 -  8-4 @Memphis (Won the NO Bowl)

2004 -  7-4 UAB (Lost the Hawai'i Bowl)

So, better winning percentages in all facets of the game. In 2002 USF won the same number of games vs I-A opponents with a winning record as UCiF did in 9 years of trying! USF even beat a I-A opponent with a winning record in their worst season, 2004! Not to mention that USF's BCS win was over a bowl winner.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

UCiF's significant wins were the following:

1997 -  9-3 Toledo (not ranked when they played UCiF and they lost the MAC Champ game)

1998 -  7-5 @Toledo  (lost MAC Champ game)

2001 -  6-5 UAB

2002 -  7-5 Miami (OH)

a wins over Alabama in 2000 I would put on the list....but I know UCF administration has made mistakes in the past pre-oleary that really slowed the growth of the program....there's a lot of history to that you can look up but UCF could have been in a much better position a long time ago. But they aren't, the only thing that can be done is for the current administration to try to get it right which in part they have by building up the athletic facilities/athletic village and having Keith Tribble as the successor to AD Orsini. The coaching situation is questionable, we all know that but we'll see how UCF leadership decides to act for the future of our program. USF has made some quick leaps w/ some good leadership at the top starting w/ lee roy selmon and had some fortune roll you way also w/ the last Big East shakeup where you had the larger basketball arena at the time which was a big factor in their decision. USF has done more starting w/ less and I give you're administration credit, now we'll see what UCF will do in the future w/ the investment that has been put into the football program.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

a wins over Alabama in 2000 I would put on the list....but I know UCF administration has made mistakes in the past pre-oleary that really slowed the growth of the program....there's a lot of history to that you can look up but UCF could have been in a much better position a long time ago. But they aren't, the only thing that can be done is for the current administration to try to get it right which in part they have by building up the athletic facilities/athletic village and having Keith Tribble as the successor to AD Orsini. The coaching situation is questionable, we all know that but we'll see how UCF leadership decides to act for the future of our program. USF has made some quick leaps w/ some good leadership at the top starting w/ lee roy selmon and had some fortune roll you way also w/ the last Big East shakeup where you had the larger basketball arena at the time which was a big factor in their decision. USF has done more starting w/ less and I give you're administration credit, now we'll see what UCF will do in the future w/ the investment that has been put into the football program.

If you'll notice, 'significant wins' were wins over I-A programs with a winning record. Alabama was 3-8 in 2000. They are included in the wins over BCS record that UCiF compiled.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

...there's a lot of history to that you can look up but UCF could have been in a much better position a long time ago....

That's true, and I hope UCF does get there one day.  I'd like to see Florida become the unquestioned king state of college football with USF of course knocking UF off the top of the heirarchy, but with UCF, FAU, and FIU all being tough competitors every year and none of them being cupcakes or 2nd tier to anyone (including us).  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Guys don't confuse a 6 mile run with a marathon.  That is my only point. 8)

No, that isn't what you said.  You somehow confused losing four straight 6 mile runs with meaning you're equal to the runner that beat you four times in a row.  Oh, and four 6 mile runs IS a marathon...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Unreal win! ;D

I'll take over any victory, moral or real, that you have had.