• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

;D Since our game? ;D 

Just wondering.......

Do you boys have anything at all figured out? 

Yes, their is a difference in having a good team and having a good program.  In order to proclaim having a good program you must at least hoist 1 conference trophy before claiming to be part of the big 3.  That is all. ::)

Congrats on being the tallest midget. 

Until we all start hoisting trophies and championships we all = FIU/FAU/JU/etc.  Facts are facts and rankings are nothing.  No one remembers them.*

If that makes you feel better, you go right ahead and keep thinking that ..... Lord knows you need whatever straws you can grasp at at this point in time .... no matter how infinitesimal those straws are.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

;D Since our game? ;D 

Just wondering.......

Yes, their is a difference in having a good team and having a good program.  In order to proclaim having a good program you must at least hoist 1 conference trophy before claiming to be part of the big 3.  That is all. ::)

Congrats on being the tallest midget. 

Until we all start hoisting trophies and championships we all = FIU/FAU/JU/etc.  Facts are facts and rankings are nothing.  No one remembers them.*

That's funny a lot of the kids we are recruiting seem to almost always bring up our number 2 ranking last year, guess they didn't get the memo.  Also your "hardware" is nothing more than a paper weight, ours should we take care of business actually matters since it would send us to a BCS game.  Have fun rebuilding the mess that you're savior made.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Some classic comments from the peanut gallery over there.....

"Face it -- the program sucks. We have all the pretty widgets and geegaws -- a nice stadium, some of the best facilities in the NCAA (talk about "putting lipstick on a pig"), and a big payroll (ugh) for the staff, and what has it gotten us?"

"Don't worry...knight-catcher willbe here soon enough to tell us GOL has gotten us to two bowl losses and our only little conference championship (basically because of one player), 4-21 record vs. teams with a winning record, 1 BCS opponent win, and no wins v. ranked teams....he willbe here soon enough."

"You talking about the same coach that makes sure the pressing or hard questions don't get through the phone on the coaches show? Or when he belittles someone that may ask him a legitimate or tough question that he can't answer because he has no real answer?

What has he done? Did he purchase the stadium? Put us on the map? Upgrade our facilities? What a joke. You can thank Daunte for putting us on the map and a good down payment on the facilities I think.

I thank George for driving us off the edge of it. I never said I don't respect him anyhow, I just think he is bad for our program."

"Expectations for this program and it's potential have been out of whack for years. Reality needs to set in at some point"

"atleast we will be back to familiar territory. The top of the bottom 10. It has been 3 years since we have been there. I was wondering when we would make it back."

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Some classic comments from the peanut gallery over there.....

"Face it -- the program sucks. We have all the pretty widgets and geegaws -- a nice stadium, some of the best facilities in the NCAA (talk about "putting lipstick on a pig"), and a big payroll (ugh) for the staff, and what has it gotten us?"

"Don't worry...knight-catcher willbe here soon enough to tell us GOL has gotten us to two bowl losses and our only little conference championship (basically because of one player), 4-21 record vs. teams with a winning record, 1 BCS opponent win, and no wins v. ranked teams....he willbe here soon enough."

"You talking about the same coach that makes sure the pressing or hard questions don't get through the phone on the coaches show? Or when he belittles someone that may ask him a legitimate or tough question that he can't answer because he has no real answer?

What has he done? Did he purchase the stadium? Put us on the map? Upgrade our facilities? What a joke. You can thank Daunte for putting us on the map and a good down payment on the facilities I think.

I thank George for driving us off the edge of it. I never said I don't respect him anyhow, I just think he is bad for our program."

"Expectations for this program and it's potential have been out of whack for years. Reality needs to set in at some point"

"atleast we will be back to familiar territory. The top of the bottom 10. It has been 3 years since we have been there. I was wondering when we would make it back."

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

What's funny is that more than a few actually believe that GOL is the problem. He was COY at Ga Tech .... compiled a 45-33 record while there, in a BCS conference. The problem is that some coaches can't make chicken salad out of chicken **** and O'Leary appears to be one of those guys. He did fine at Ga Tech. You don't forget how to coach. The real problem, for whatever reason, is UCF itself .... maybe it's just karma for having some of the whiniest, delusional fans in college football.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

it's like a suicide alert! lol

wow they suck so f-ing bad it's unreal.

where's all the BCS conference talk?

;D Since our game? ;D 

Just wondering.......

gaylord, can you even hear yourself?  you're team is complete trash and you're here talking?  wtf?

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I disagree with you, Trip.  Talent wise, UCF is on par with many midlevel BCS teams.  They just can't get it together and that falls on the coaching staff.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Dawg, what are you basing your talent comment on?  Rivals rankings or something else?

The 2 kids I like out of your class so far are Troy Davis and Stephen Hill.  The rest seem ok, but not this early in the year.  You guys have to get the Florida recruiting going. 

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I disagree with you, Trip.  Talent wise, UCF is on par with many midlevel BCS teams.  They just can't get it together and that falls on the coaching staff.

Really?  Like who?  Don't read into the stars or what brandon 'pumpmefullofnuttinbuttagoodtime' helwig tells you about a kid.  Generally I think UCF isn't even top tier non-BCS.  Remember there is a big difference between a kid being good compared to your team and good compared to the nation.  I've seen UCF fans think that because a freshman comes in and grabs tons of playing time, or starts that it means he's great...sometimes maybe, but in most cases it's because UCF is void of talent in certain areas.  Look at RB, you've got some neat looking freshmen, maybe 1-2 are BCS talents, but when all they've got to beat is walk-on Ronnie Weaver....

UCF's two best athletes are Kamar Aikens, and AJ Guyton, on the jumbo side Steve Robinson, and Latavious Murray.  Ask yourself why you had all these WR's from LA, GA, and SC but your two best came from FL...your staff has spent entirely to much time cultivating meaningless and useless out-of-state ties, and not concentrating in-state.  For all of Coach K's misgivings he at least looked for FL JUCO's, which still gave him tie-ins to FL.  I think UCF has some nice components but the big problem is you don't have enough of them, Aiken's best position to most was safety, in C-USA he makes a fine receiver, but what else.  Khemest Williams, Haynes, Keys...haven't lived up to hype, or delusion I should say.  You need more playmakers at more key positions and need to get more speed and size at certain spots in unconventional manners.  Move a Murray to OLB, perhaps DE...get speed to areas that you currently lack even if you're compensating.

O'Leary is hung up on prototypical size, and old-school conventional thinking....he should be scouring this state more, going smaller but adding more speed.  Why they skip on a kid like Xavier Stinson, or Jordan McNair (a great receiver in the panhandle who went to USM but UCF hardly looked) is beyond me.  There is a big difference between a school that might have given a verbal offer to a kid in the summer or spring and a hard paper offer later in the year.  Just because someone says an offer came from this or that doesn't mean it's true.