• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg's new blog: Linebacker Moffitt's wife: 'He's living a lie'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's uncool that she came out to the media like that.  It's their personal life, why did she need to let everyone know about it?  Regardless of if it's true or not, she's tarnishing his name on purpose.

Not too mention the very school who may be giving her baby's daddy the best opportunity to give her the fattest child support and alimony payments.  Not a great move on her part.  Better to win financially than emotionally any day of the week and if she just hurt his potential earning power, then she hurt herself and her kids.  Obviously didn't have a lawyer before making this move or if she did, not a very bright one...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,483
  • Days Won:  13

And Brett is the bad guy.

ONLY BRETT WRITES NEG ARTICLES

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

But the predators were circling...she should have consulted her attorney before commenting to anyone outside her family.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A lot of people seem to be up in arms!

• Content Count:  189

Reminds me too much of the Elijah Dukes situation....why go public with this? It's going to hurt his chances of being more marketable after he gets drafted which in turn takes money out of her pockets on child support. When will these wives learn just keep your mouth shut, collect your money and keep personal matters personal matters? Dont get me wrong, I done condone leaving your kids and all that, but really what do you gain from going public? There's no redemption, you might hurt is public image, and you might get some type of joy out of it, but then what? Let your lawyers deal with the media question and keep your mouth hush hush. Seriously!

More up in arms about how low our society has fallen...

Even mainstream news shows report on stupid celebrities and their nonsense, like Paris Hilton.  I don't get the fascination.  Moffitt is a human being like anyone else.  Things changed for him - big deal.  Why is it a story that any reporter would be interested in?  Because it's dirt.  I'd rather read a story about why Ben Moffitt and the whole Bulls defense was out of position 85% of the game.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Does USF give her an Honorary Degree with this news?  Couldn't resist.  

It does suck for the kids.  Its not really news that a young couple can't cope with being married.  When you consider half of the marriages end in divorce anyways, its a non story, but the academic issues is where its gonna get real ugly.  I hope Ben sticks to his guns on this, or he'll lose alot of credibility.  Maybe this explains the Sun Bowl a bit more.  He could have had some other things on his mind than stopping Stewart.

And Brett is the bad guy.

ONLY BRETT WRITES NEG ARTICLES

He may counter with a Brian Fisher story..,  ;)  Just kidding Brett.  :D

• Content Count:  4,016

I'll say that her acting this way by going public like this is just as bad as Moffitt leaving. 

I agree with you most of the time, but not here.  He's got a responsibility and he seems to have let his family down.

She waited until after the season and bowl game (and Christmas) to go public.

He may be a great Bull middle linebacker, but his family deserves better than this.

Deserves better than what?  Why is everyone assuming Ben is bad?  He left only two months ago, I don't know how many of you  goofballs are adults but it is always customary for one person to move-out when a couple splits- hence the word 'split'.  It only makes matters worse to stick it out in the house as it heightens the possibility of domestic violence and scaring the children worse.

SO, the fact Ben is not domiciled under the same roof as his soon to be ex-wife is not a shocker, irregular, or unprudent.  Furthermore his wife agreed that he was seeing his kids twice a week up until a few weeks ago even after the split.  He changed his number, maybe because of harassing calls, and stopped seeing the kids probably as the bowl was nearing and maybe the exchanges with his wife were becoming heated.

I am not defending Ben but this is a divorce.  They are never clean and nothing that Ben has done thus far is wrong or out of the ordinary.  Nor is anything he's done over the past five years still not short of amazing.  I challenge any of you questioning it to go 5 years of driving from Sumter to Tampa for school, football, work, and then home to his family--- as an 18-22 year-old.  No small feat.  They're getting divorced, welcome to America so are nearly 50% of households today...he left and changed his number, big deal.  She has two kids with him, they've been married for over 5 years **** that's impressive by today's standards, and he's projected to be drafted in the NFL...don't you bleeding hearts worry because she'll get what is due.  This is FL, basically a no-fault state for divorce, she gets 50% of everything, plus child support and alimony with usual step ups.  

Now everyone should leave it alone.  Speaking from experience the only group that gets hurt in these messy public saga's of he said, she said are the children.  The adults learn to cope, the children are not equiped yet.

Archived