• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg's new blog: Linebacker Moffitt's wife: 'He's living a lie'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

S.Bien nailed it.

He did it for 5 yrs.  Something happened and they're divorcing... Happens all the time.  She's wrong for coming out like that...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why would he take the kids???

it might cramp his style in the future

if it is true, mrs m has every right to go public

Guest JulmisteForPrez

This is a genuine shame.

And a lot of the repsonses on this thread do not surprise me in the slightest.

Some of you guys would defend Jim Leavitt if he were to walk into a mall tonight and mow down 60 people with a tommy gun.

Pathetic.

• Content Count:  4,016

why would he take the kids???

it might cramp his style in the future

if it is true, mrs m has every right to go public

right?  Right to do what, b*tch and M**n to the media about Ben?  i guess she has that right as long as they're willing to listen and print but the point is the end result is damage to the kids and possibly Ben's draft status then it was stupid on her part.  Sometimes it's more prudent to not excerise a 'right'.

• Content Count:  4,016

This is a genuine shame.

And a lot of the repsonses on this thread do not surprise me in the slightest.

Some of you guys would defend Jim Leavitt if he were to walk into a mall tonight and mow down 60 people with a tommy gun.

Pathetic.

Defending what?  Ben is getting divorced?  How long have you been married?  How many people do you know that have gone through divorce?

Buddy I can tell you some pretty decent people that would put what Ms. Moffitt is saying to shame...Ben moved out, if you can explain to me how moving out from a person you want to divorce is 'not a good idea' then you will be re-defining the civil court system since that's about the first recommendation every lawyer makes.

• Content Count:  585

Why is everyone assuming Ben is bad?

Well, if (and please notice that I stress the uncertainty here - innocent until proven guilty) the allegations that his wife wrote all of his papers and took online classes for him are true, I'd say that would make him a bad guy.

USFFan

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I'll say that her acting this way by going public like this is just as bad as Moffitt leaving.

I agree with you most of the time, but not here.  He's got a responsibility and he seems to have let his family down.

She waited until after the season and bowl game (and Christmas) to go public.

He may be a great Bull middle linebacker, but his family deserves better than this.

Deserves better than what?  Why is everyone assuming Ben is bad?  He left only two months ago, I don't know how many of you  goofballs are adults but it is always customary for one person to move-out when a couple splits- hence the word 'split'.  It only makes matters worse to stick it out in the house as it heightens the possibility of domestic violence and scaring the children worse.

SO, the fact Ben is not domiciled under the same roof as his soon to be ex-wife is not a shocker, irregular, or unprudent.  Furthermore his wife agreed that he was seeing his kids twice a week up until a few weeks ago even after the split.  He changed his number, maybe because of harassing calls, and stopped seeing the kids probably as the bowl was nearing and maybe the exchanges with his wife were becoming heated.

I am not defending Ben but this is a divorce.  They are never clean and nothing that Ben has done thus far is wrong or out of the ordinary.  Nor is anything he's done over the past five years still not short of amazing.  I challenge any of you questioning it to go 5 years of driving from Sumter to Tampa for school, football, work, and then home to his family--- as an 18-22 year-old.  No small feat.  They're getting divorced, welcome to America so are nearly 50% of households today...he left and changed his number, big deal.  She has two kids with him, they've been married for over 5 years **** that's impressive by today's standards, and he's projected to be drafted in the NFL...don't you bleeding hearts worry because she'll get what is due.  This is FL, basically a no-fault state for divorce, she gets 50% of everything, plus child support and alimony with usual step ups. 

Now everyone should leave it alone.  Speaking from experience the only group that gets hurt in these messy public saga's of he said, she said are the children.  The adults learn to cope, the children are not equiped yet.

Uh. Dude. . . . You are defending Ben.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

The guy is getting divorced, it is a shame.  But it happens all the time.  Doesn't mean he's any different than he was before.

This cute piece from the story:  "“It’s a weird balance,” Moffitt told the newspaper, more than six weeks after he had left the family’s Bushnell home. “It can be hard, but it also just comes with the territory I guess, and it’s been working out.”

Does that offend people?  Should he have said on national TV..."well, guess what guys... I split and left the old lady with the kids"?  He answered in such a way as to not make his situation public.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

As for you MAB, the objective fellow that you are, I'm surprised you are so bothered by people suggesting both sides be heard and perhaps going to the press on such an issue might be wrong in terms of doing what is truly in the best interest of the kids. 

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Well, if (and please notice that I stress the uncertainty here - innocent until proven guilty) the allegations that his wife wrote all of his papers and took online classes for him are true, I'd say that would make him a bad guy.

USFFan

Innocent until proven guilty is a criminal standard.  Has absolutely no bearing in the court of public opinion.

If a jilted wife wants to out her husband (a public figure by the way) for being a deadbeat dad that keeps an unlisted phone number she can do it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

USFFan

If that is true, shame on Ben...and shame on her.  Both people illustrating poor judgment and ethics.

Bottom line is, she would only voice her complicity in a fraudulent act only to hurt him....and indirectly their children.  Shameful indeed.  Maybe she's just not that bright, I don't know.

Archived