• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg's new blog: Linebacker Moffitt's wife: 'He's living a lie'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

While I normally agree with what GA writes, this piece seems one sided.  I don't recall USF promoting Ben Moffitt as what was said in Greg's piece.  I recall ESPN trying to sell that image, but not USF.  That is a big difference in my opinion.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It's a story because we went 4 months hearing about how much of a family man he is and his 55 mile drive back home.  I always wondered how he had the time, now I guess we might know.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

While I normally agree with what GA writes, this piece seems one sided.  I don't recall USF promoting Ben Moffitt as what was said in Greg's piece.  I recall ESPN trying to sell that image, but not USF.  That is a big difference in my opinion.

Then you have not been paying attention. :-X

• Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  0

I am glad he won't be playing for USF next year. It would just be bad press for the school.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Somebody posted similar accusations earlier today here on TheBullsPen.com, someone under the name 352Bull posted just about what Greg posted - must have been his tip.  We deleted it since it was a one-sided accusation, unfortunately 40 people had read it already. 

Mrs. Moffitt should not go about a domestic dispute this way.  She clearly doesn't understand the value in embarrassing him and bringing him grief now ultimately hurts her in the long run. 

Anyway, perhaps we can also get an update on Britney Spears?  Or Jamie Lynn?  Good grief.

• Content Count:  4,879

I'll say that her acting this way by going public like this is just as bad as Moffitt leaving. 

I agree with you most of the time, but not here.  He's got a responsibility and he seems to have let his family down.

She waited until after the season and bowl game (and Christmas) to go public.

He may be a great Bull middle linebacker, but his family deserves better than this.

• Content Count:  2,523

Disgusting if true, but being married, there's rarely a "one sided" breakup of a marriage, especially when kids are involved unless the guy is an absolute bottom of the barrell type guy.  Not saying that couldn't be the case here, but it may not be as well.  We'd be naive to think this stuff doesn't happen in D1.  That's why we need to stop kidding ourselves about who the college athlete is.  Just make them "athletes" with no restriction other than to pass drug testing and have at minimum a 20 hour job or be a legit full time student.  If they want to get a degree, fine, but if they don't, who cares and let them work regular jobs.  NCAA is just the NFL minor leagues anyway and most of these degrees are bogus anyway.

Shoot, if you allowed these guys to work, does anyone actually think the top 25 would change much anyway?  

• Content Count:  2,307

I think it's uncool that she came out to the media like that.  It's their personal life, why did she need to let everyone know about it?  Regardless of if it's true or not, she's tarnishing his name on purpose.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

I'll say that her acting this way by going public like this is just as bad as Moffitt leaving.

I agree with you most of the time, but not here.  He's got a responsibility and he seems to have let his family down.

She waited until after the season and bowl game (and Christmas) to go public.

He may be a great Bull middle linebacker, but his family deserves better than this.

Yeah but working the issue through message boards and newspaper blogs is not the way to do it.  Just plain stupid.

They both have a responsibility and I know this whole child support thing has been played out before.  That will be addressed in court.  This unequal placement of responsibility on the man is ridiculous and she is going to damage him AND herself and most importantly - their kids.  Having been from a broken home myself, I've seen this all too often.  It's just a **** shame that people (who are not involved) don't just ignore it instead of attempting to profit off of it in one way or another.  This is a family issue and should be worked accordingly.

• Content Count:  1,261

$10 says there will be a UCF circle jerk this evening and this will be the main stroking point.

Archived