• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Two words for USF - Freshman & Sophomore

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Hey,

Understand that 9-4 (two years running) is very good.  Our student players are accomplished as underclassmen.  The Bulls have only one way to go and that is up (or sideways).  The days of 4-7 should be gone for at least 2 more seasons.  Recurits are still lining up to play in Tampa Bay.  I'll gladly take 9-4 every year!

Also, Leavitt has to go with what he has.  I mean that the Coach can only call plays for moderately experienced players.  The team is very good but was exposed for its weaknesses.  All teams have them -believe it or not.

I am happy to have watched all games this year.  I am happy to have a team that is very good.  I am also happy, and this is for you nay sayers, that I did not spend $4000 to go to El Paso Texas this year.  With that said - get on board with a very good Basketball team.

PMR - Peace - Go Bulls (bleeding Green/Gold).

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I guess the fact that we had so many Freshman and Sophs as major contributors this year is one reason i wasn't so disappointed yesterday.  I think it shows a team still evolving.  There were way too many underclassman involved all year to really have expected more than what we accomplished. 

Grothe, Ford, Taylor, Mitchell, Bogan, Hester, Love, Herrman, Genus, Selvie, Harris, McClain, Murphy, Allen all saw major playing time and were significant contributors this year.  That is 14 very young players. 

Still lots of upside.  We have a giood chance of winning the BE next year as long as they continue to get buigger, stronger and smarter.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I guess the fact that we had so many Freshman and Sophs as major contributors this year is one reason i wasn't so disappointed yesterday.  I think it shows a team still evolving.  There were way too many underclassman involved all year to really have expected more than what we accomplished. 

Grothe, Ford, Taylor, Mitchell, Bogan, Hester, Love, Herrman, Genus, Selvie, Harris, McClain, Murphy, Allen all saw major playing time and were significant contributors this year.  That is 14 very young players. 

Still lots of upside.  We have a giood chance of winning the BE next year as long as they continue to get buigger, stronger and smarter.

bogans looked really impressive.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

I'm usually pretty positive on these boards, but I don't believe they will improve exponentially.  They should improve some with experience, but there are some great freshman and sophmore players out there not at USF.  Some guy named Tebow wins the Heisman as a sophomore.  There are no future Heisman candidates in that list.  Good players, yes, Heisman types - don't think so.

OK, my crash helmet is in place, start pounding away. ;)

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Bogan will be a good reciever. He's solid in most areas from what I can tell.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont see any superstars out of frosh and sophs

usf is supposed to bring in a #1 big east class so help is on the way per josh newberg

The dozen or so underclassmen that saw substantial playing time are essential to who we are.  They still have two more good years at the school.  Lets remember that EDUCATION is the main reason they are here.  USF will give a quality education and also enable a few to excell to a higher level.

Looks like UCF, Florida, FSU, and USF are all on the "outs" in this seasons bowl games.  FAU is the lone provider - what does that say for the future - the Big 5??????  I think not but we are getting serious in Florida about football.

Finish Strong remains the motto.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I am also happy, and this is for you nay sayers, that I did not spend $4000 to go to El Paso Texas this year. 

How did you come up with that number?  My fiance and I spent Sat, Sun, and Monday night in El Paso, with Sunday and Monday being spent with all things related to Bulls (did not go to the ranch, but the Camino party [which was excellent]) and spent maybe 1600. 

Did we stay @ the Camino? No!  Did we fly on the Bulls package? No.  Unless you have a family of 4 or 5 there was no reason to spend $4000. 

I am also happy, and this is for you nay sayers, that I did not spend $4000 to go to El Paso Texas this year. 

How did you come up with that number?  My fiance and I spent Sat, Sun, and Monday night in El Paso, with Sunday and Monday being spent with all things related to Bulls (did not go to the ranch, but the Camino party [which was excellent]) and spent maybe 1600. 

Did we stay @ the Camino? No!  Did we fly on the Bulls package? No.  Unless you have a family of 4 or 5 there was no reason to spend $4000. 

with 1st class accommodations and 4 tickets this figure could be right - maybe closer to $3000.

• Content Count:  2,523

The most disturbing thing to me is how Selvie is nonexistent in BIG GAMES.  For an All American, he didn't get ANY pressure against ANY decent OL the whole year.  That lack of penetration is what KILLED us in that bowl game as they had 100% freedom in whichever direction they wanted to run the ball.  Had he gotten even a LITTLE penetration like he does agains the weaker teams, it would've made them a little more predictable allowing us to concentrate our blitzes to fill the lanes.  Instead, with no penetration, we had to keep guys off the LOS to read and react which as we saw didn't work great either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Selvie fan, but for us to be better than a 4 loss team, he's got to show up and be dominant EVERY game.  If you can't disrupt the run and get occasional tackles for loss forcing teams to pass, it doesn't matter who you are, you're dead.  Look at every blowout in the bowl season and you'll see one thing in common, they couldn't even do an average job of stopping the run even when they KNEW it was coming.

What was even more disturbing was it was the SAME **** PLAY they ran 40 times on us and we still couldn't find a way to clog it up.  Don't think teams won't have that play down pat next season. 

Archived