• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2600 tickets sold?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

Are you kidding me?  USF really needs to get the fan base going.  How can a BCS team that was ranked in the top 25 most of the year only sell 2600 tickets?  2600 sold = 2000 in actual attendance. 

I see the smack thread about UCF selling over 8,000 tickets and I find that extremely ironic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,078

Are you kidding me?  USF really needs to get the fan base going.  How can a BCS team that was ranked in the top 25 most of the year only sell 2600 tickets?  2600 sold = 2000 in actual attendance. 

I see the smack thread about UCF selling over 8,000 tickets and I find that extremely ironic.

as a fan base we had our sights set a little higher? whereas this is pretty much as good as it will ever get for UCF?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,454
  • Days Won:  13

how many did you bring to Hawaii?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

how many did you bring to Hawaii?

Exactly.

I would love to see how many UCiF faithful would do the 3700 miles to El Paso with gas at $3.05 a gallon and the cheapest flight being over $600.00.

I made Charlotte and Birmingham, but I will not be able to make Hell Paso.

Besides, being a lower-tier bowl has helped UCiF - you are playing on a weekend, making it easier for your tired and huddled masses to travel.  Some stupid businesses (like mine) would've required using a Sick Day or Vacation Day for the 31st.

From http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/25/sports/story01.html

And the Warrior-less (UH did not qualify for the Hawaii Bowl for the first time in the game's four-year existence) attendance wasn't as bad as some had feared. Game officials announced a turnstile count of 16,134 that seemed somewhat inflated, but a gathering of at least 10,000 sprinkled throughout Aloha Stadium enjoyed a thriller from start to finish.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Orlando to Memphis NOT on New Year's Eve is far easier to get to and more affordable than El Paso on New Year's Eve.

Plus, let's not forget, for most of your fans this is their first bowl game, since the logistics of Hawaii made it impossible for them.

That being said...

Just because your athletic department isn't returning any tickets doesn't mean you're BRINGING 8000 fans, dip****.

If you DON'T bring 8000 to what is basically your first accessible bowl game in 29 years of football... you guys suck worse than we thought.  But MickeyTown is just the place where I'd expect the school to buy extra tickets, eat the cost, and then claim they bring 10000

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We don't have Oregon fans buying through our athletic department like you have Miss. St. fans buying through yours.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

No doubt our bowl attendance is a work in progress, but I would have expected close to 10K in Charlotte.  However, the 2d best Big East Bowl is across country, so we will be nowhere near that.  Also, what I have learned about USF Bowl attendance (was at the last 2) is that 2600 sold means about 31-3200 in attendance as many will just buy through ticketmaster than through the school.  Also, no one is buying tickets to the Sun Bowl and not going; they are either going or donating to students/charity.  Finally, the 2600 does not include the 1000 the school set aside for students.

• Content Count:  360

i dont know... Im a student and somehow i am still gonna make it all the way to el paso. I dont care how much in debt i get myself into

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Our Bowl attendances are directly effected by our young program.

Get a kick outta a team(UCF) so excited about things off the field when comparing to us.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  132

as a fan base we had our sights set a little higher? whereas this is pretty much as good as it will ever get for UCF?

Higher?

USF was in the pizza bowl last year.  Please, this is what bothers people about usf fans, this sense of entitlement is sickening.

Archived