• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2600 tickets sold?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

USF isn't a small time program.  It's a good mid-level program with small time fans.

And some still don't get how the CUSA champ game worked.  It would have taken a miracle to get a few thousand walkups to gobble those leftover Tulsa tix.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

USF isn't a small time program.  It's a good mid-level program with small time fans.

And some still don't get how the CUSA champ game worked.  It would have taken a miracle to get a few thousand walkups to gobble those leftover Tulsa tix.

DP, 

How would you describe UCF's program? 

How many would UCF send to El Paso this year?

DP, you should have had more demand than supply.  Bottom line.  Especially for 44K seats.  People should have been waiting at the ticket office or on Ticketmaster for the release of the Tulsa tickets.  It was a freakin Championship game on campus.

Student buzz was stronger in 2005 because in 2007, finals week started the week following the champ game.  That hurt our potential walk up totals.  Also, while I don't know who is to blame, but the returned Tulsa seats were not publicised, which also hurt walk up totals.

Even without those people, the atmosphere was amazing.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Student buzz was stronger in 2005 because in 2007, finals week started the week following the champ game.  That hurt our potential walk up totals.  Also, while I don't know who is to blame, but the returned Tulsa seats were not publicised, which also hurt walk up totals.

Even without those people, the atmosphere was amazing.

I'm sure the atmosphere was amazing, but bottom line, it wasn't sold out.  You can't rag us on attendance when you don't sell out a champ game on campus.  Blame your "big time" ticket office.  Blame "big time" student buzz.  Blame your "big time" walk up fan base.

By the way, was a "sold out" sign put up in the window and people were turned away before the Tulsa tickets were released?

DP, just curious...

How would you describe UCF's program? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

With all due respect, UCF could barely get 10K to Tampa... they're not sending 10K to Memphis.

You think the numbers that were printed were fudged?  I don't read the Slantinel since I don't live there, so I don't know if they were printed or not.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

You think the numbers that were printed were fudged?  I don't read the Slantinel since I don't live there, so I don't know if they were printed or not.

well after MSU sold out and the game itself was sold out. You guys sold the rest of your tickets. A guy on your board mentioned that his 2 buddies are MSU fans and they purchased tickets through the UCF ticket office. This prob happened alot.

Dear Fans,

On behalf of the UCF football program, players, coaches and staff, I want to thank you for your participation and support during our inaugural season at Bright House Networks Stadium.

The team is very excited right now. Not only are they getting finished with their final exams, they are about to start practice for the biggest game in school history against Mississippi State at the 49th Annual AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn., this Dec. 29.

I thought our home crowds and atmosphere this season were as good as any that I have ever been around. I've been in this game for over 40 years now and our stadium was as loud as it gets. In my opinion, you have earned the right to call yourself our "12th man".

As a member of the team, you are expected to join us for this big game. That's how it works folks. This is one of the older bowl games and the college football pageantry and tradition will be at an all-time high. The team will depart Orlando on Dec. 26, participate in the week's worth of festivities the AutoZone Liberty Bowl group has put together for us that leads up to our game against a well-coached Mississippi State team. The Bulldogs plan of having all their fans, we need ours.

If we want to be a big-time program there are certain things a football program needs to have in the eyes of our observers from across the country. The big thing they look at is how our fans travel, especially for a bowl game against a formidable SEC opponent.

The game is already sold out and the only way remaining to get your UCF section tickets is through our ticket office. You can purchase your AutoZone Liberty Bowl tickets today by calling (407) 823-1000 or in-person at the ticket windows located on the west side of Bright House Networks Stadium between gates 1 & 18.

Go Knights and we'll see you at game!

George O'Leary

Head Football Coach

You still have tickets available.

Archived