• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2600 tickets sold?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Are you kidding me?  USF really needs to get the fan base going.  How can a BCS team that was ranked in the top 25 most of the year only sell 2600 tickets?  2600 sold = 2000 in actual attendance. 

I see the smack thread about UCF selling over 8,000 tickets and I find that extremely ironic.

Come on Bulls fans... Ignore the UCF trolls.  UCF is not in our league and is not a legitmate rival.  Find another college to get worked up over. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

JMBULL, I don't like to fly so  I' m driving out to el paso. So far it's just me, my 2 buddiies can't make it to bowl game this year, so I have room for at least 2.  If you are interested in sharing a ride let me Know and I'll give you my contact info. It shouldn't be too much, so you won't have to go into much debt. ROAD TRIP!  GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  1,812

I don't think anyone here expected Croom to turn that orogram around.

I think there were several posts that said Miss State is good for a couple of upsets a year and that they were going to improve.

The UCif fans said this is the same old crappy Miss State team and they still suck and diluted your Auburn win.

I guess you can judge Miss State form their 2006 season they went 3-9 in a tough SEC; that is much better than only winning 4 in the CDOA. So it looks to me like both teams went form being bad to decent and should be a good match up.

As far as the CDOA Champ game; the USF/WVU game had many fans outside waiting for tickets and a heavy amount looking on e-bay.

As far as how we travel and the Sun Bowl; the Sun Bowl knows that they do not get a lot of people travelling to the game. They have a huge local support that wants to see real football and do pretty well regardless of who plays. If I were in a town like El Paso and could only see CDOA football I would jump at the chance to see BCS teams play.

GB- You still do not get it as usual; if we win the conference we go to a BCS game; no matter how we travel. Way to go on being the 3rd best in attendance in the BE; what does that get you? USF had better attendance than UCif  and the only thing that matters is.

3-0

64-12

• Content Count:  2,239

As far as how we travel and the Sun Bowl; the Sun Bowl knows that they do not get a lot of people travelling to the game. They have a huge local support that wants to see real football and do pretty well regardless of who plays. If I were in a town like El Paso and could only see CDOA football I would jump at the chance to see BCS teams play.

UTEP has very good fan support that also love the Sun Bowl.  While in the boondocks of Texas, it's still Texas and we know how they view football.

• Content Count:  2,464

MSU is formidable now?  I thought they sucked?  I know I read that somewhere, on this board as I recall.  Something about them beating Auburn.   :D

MSU beat Auburn, Kentucky, and Alabama. Not to shabby

and you were one of those posters trying to take away from our Auburn win because they lost to the crappy MSU team.

Show me what I said. I gaurentee you wont find anything.

• Content Count:  7,890

As of the 15th

USF has sold more than 4,000 tickets for the Sun Bowl on New Year's Eve in El Paso, Texas, which puts them ahead of Oregon and has bowl officials excited about ticket sales for their game.

John Folmer, president of the Sun Bowl selection committee, said the Sun Bowl was "elated" to see had already sold more than half its allotment of 8,000 tickets. He expects Oregon to sell between 3,500 and 4,000 tickets, and said overall that this year's bowl has sold 2,600 more tickets than at this point last year. The bowl traditionally has strong sales in the El Paso community, so if ticket sales from the competing schools continue on their current pace, Folmer said the game will be "an overwhelming success."

USF's total sales include 1,000 tickets earmarked to be given to students. Folmer said he talked recently with a friend at Southwest Airlines, who said additional flights set up from Tampa to Dallas and other Texas airports to accommodate bowl attendees have sold well. The No. 21 Bulls and Ducks will play at 2 p.m. ET on Dec. 31, with a national TV broadcast on CBS.

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:12:26 AM on December 15, 2007 |

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Oregon doesn't care if they sell tix or not, because I believe that the PAC-10 buys any unsold tickets FOR them... and the school doesn't lose revenue from the bowl payout.

Whereas USF will eat any unsold tickets, cutting into the bottom line.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Oregon doesn't care if they sell tix or not, because I believe that the PAC-10 buys any unsold tickets FOR them... and the school doesn't lose revenue from the bowl payout.

Thing is, while some of us may feel that we underachieved based on where we were earlier in the year, the Ducks fans have to feel worse. MNC game and serious Heisman contender not that long ago to playing a school that didn't even have football a dozen years ago with your third or fourth string qb.... Got to be a tough sell.

• Content Count:  1,238

3-0

64-12

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

Archived