• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2600 tickets sold?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

We don't have Oregon fans buying through our athletic department like you have Miss. St. fans buying through yours.

please post a link or some factual evidance

That's some funny crap right there ...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

You still must be disappointed you didn't sell out your high school champ. game in your little stadium.

Not at all, but thanks for your concern.

Seriously, you guys just don't get it. :Bang

What don't we get?  The fact that your stadium is little?  The fact that CUSA is small time?  Or the fact that the game was not a sell out?

It was Tulsa's fault ..... You need to keep up.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

You still must be disappointed you didn't sell out your high school champ. game in your little stadium.

Not at all, but thanks for your concern.

Seriously, you guys just don't get it. :Bang

What don't we get?  The fact that your stadium is little?  The fact that CUSA is small time?  Or the fact that the game was not a sell out?

the funniest thing i thought of when i seem some of that game - the thundersticks handed out to the fans. thats something a small time school would do like a high school. what a joke

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Based on the article from yesterday's El Paso paper (re-posted in another thread), USF ticket sales seem decent.  We're a little ahead of Oregon on ticket sales, and the local businesses in El Paso seem pretty upbeat about everything.  It's a **** expensive trip to make, and especially tough for your typical college student. 

I missed last year's pizza bowl, but I was at the Meineke Car Care bowl in Charlotte the year before that.  We had a pretty decent showing there - NC State had a better turnout but they were only a three-hour drive away.  Everyone we talked to in Charlotte was very happy with USF's participation.

I think we travel just fine - certainly well enough to get invited to any bowl game our team can win us into.

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats to UCF...

We had a bowl on New Year's Eve, 2 days before Christmas, and another one on New Year's Eve about 1800 miles from Tampa.

12 years ago, USF students and old alumni were rooting for um... wait... um UF? FSU? How about UM?

I'm not taking anything away from UCF.  If you sold 8K, 10k, 12k, etc... great for UCF.  But let's be realistic on what to expect from USF.

We just need to keep winning and people will show up (check) and maybe they’ll even jump on the bandwagon (check).  This season is a perfect example.

Just curious, but what do UCFers expect from FAU fans this year?  How many will show up in New Orleans?

• Content Count:  711

Are you kidding me?  USF really needs to get the fan base going.  How can a BCS team that was ranked in the top 25 most of the year only sell 2600 tickets?  2600 sold = 2000 in actual attendance. 

I see the smack thread about UCF selling over 8,000 tickets and I find that extremely ironic.

as a fan base we had our sights set a little higher? whereas this is pretty much as good as it will ever get for UCF?

Higher?

USF was in the pizza bowl last year.  Please, this is what bothers people about usf fans, this sense of entitlement is sickening.

ugh... usf was ranked #2 and ranked for most of the season.  hard not to expect a little more attractive matchup than playing a beaten down average Pac 10 team in El Paso, TX.   

sorry, i know this is hard to understand for ucf fans, but just playing a BCS team isn't that exciting anymore...

That quote right there is why your fanbase sucks!!!  Young or not....this is your team playing in a bowl and traveling fans will determine what kind of bowl invites you receive when on the bubble down the road.  You haven't won anything....but now it's..."Unless it's a BCS Bowl or in Florida on New Years...we don't care."  That's crap!  Hawaii??  You can't even bring that up....Hawaii on Christmas Eve.  There's very few fans in any conference that can make that game....and it was against Nevada.  You all have a serious problem and it stems from your uneducated fans and false egos in the college football world.  If you make it to a BCS bowl....what next?  The Super Bowl?  You guys have no clue about college sports.  I'm not saying we'd take 10k to the GMAC, either...but some of these statements are horrible attitudes towards your program's future.  Charlotte was your first bowl ever against a good but beatabel NC State team....yet nobody went and it's an easy drive.  Young program...meh.  You brag about bringing 70k vs. WVU...yet I bet half those fans even know what bow you're in.

Now...the Sun Bowl is "below" USF, too?  You all have no clue and should be proud to be in any bowl game in any given year.  It's a privilage and an honor to go to a bowl.  USF is NOT bigtime....wake up.  You're still looked down upon by UCF (me included) and these types of comments is proof why.  I understand growing fan bases...but any fans that haven't won anything who make statements like this...are reasons why I look down on USF.  USF fans expect everything to be handed to them....if not...then it's "It's not good enough for me."  You are an embarrassment to the state of florida where college football is supposed to be king...go back the to Storm games, where you belong.

• Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  2

Are you kidding me?  USF really needs to get the fan base going.  How can a BCS team that was ranked in the top 25 most of the year only sell 2600 tickets?  2600 sold = 2000 in actual attendance. 

I see the smack thread about UCF selling over 8,000 tickets and I find that extremely ironic.

as a fan base we had our sights set a little higher? whereas this is pretty much as good as it will ever get for UCF?

Higher?

USF was in the pizza bowl last year.  Please, this is what bothers people about usf fans, this sense of entitlement is sickening.

ugh... usf was ranked #2 and ranked for most of the season.  hard not to expect a little more attractive matchup than playing a beaten down average Pac 10 team in El Paso, TX.   

sorry, i know this is hard to understand for ucf fans, but just playing a BCS team isn't that exciting anymore...

That quote right there is why your fanbase sucks!!!  Young or not....this is your team playing in a bowl and traveling fans will determine what kind of bowl invites you receive when on the bubble down the road.  You haven't won anything....but now it's..."Unless it's a BCS Bowl or in Florida on New Years...we don't care."  That's crap!  Hawaii??  You can't even bring that up....Hawaii on Christmas Eve.  There's very few fans in any conference that can make that game....and it was against Nevada.  You all have a serious problem and it stems from your uneducated fans and false egos in the college football world.  If you make it to a BCS bowl....what next?  The Super Bowl?  You guys have no clue about college sports.  I'm not saying we'd take 10k to the GMAC, either...but some of these statements are horrible attitudes towards your program's future.  Charlotte was your first bowl ever against a good but beatabel NC State team....yet nobody went and it's an easy drive.  Young program...meh.  You brag about bringing 70k vs. WVU...yet I bet half those fans even know what bow you're in.

Now...the Sun Bowl is "below" USF, too?  You all have no clue and should be proud to be in any bowl game in any given year.  It's a privilage and an honor to go to a bowl.  USF is NOT bigtime....wake up.  You're still looked down upon by UCF (me included) and these types of comments is proof why.  I understand growing fan bases...but any fans that haven't won anything who make statements like this...are reasons why I look down on USF.  USF fans expect everything to be handed to them....if not...then it's "It's not good enough for me."  You are an embarrassment to the state of florida where college football is supposed to be king...go back the to Storm games, where you belong.

GB,

Don't worry, we'll be just fine.  Most Bulls fans think this is a very big deal.  We will travel well to the SunBowl considering the location.  I think everyone will be happy.  We seem to be out selling Oregon.  Not bad for a very young program.

Go enjoy your bowl.  And keep looking down on us if that makes you feel better about yourself and your program.  We still have 20+ years to catch up to the greatness that is UCF football.

Thanks for the essay.

• Content Count:  3,078

instead of wasting my time to reply to such drivel, i will sum up my thoughts with  ::)

• Content Count:  4,642

i thought tulsa was I-AA

• Content Count:  1,238

toilet-1.gif

Archived