• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uconn article for Sun Bowl

T-Man

we pasted ECU in the papajohns bowl last year, how would this year be any different...crappy town, crappy stadium, playing a crappy team, little game day atmosphere. Papajohns bowl is as low as it gets. We deserve better.

1. "As low as it gets"  == NO BOWL

2. Think of it as "paying our dues" ... by going back to Birmingham this year, we could be showing the rest of the Bowl world (places like Memphis, Nashville, Orlando, etc) that ALL of the Big East travels to bowl games.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we're not even being considered by the Sun then.  If Uconn goes there, I expect Meineke to take Rutgers.  Back to PJC or off to Toronto.

as long as we win Saturday, Rutgers won't get picked ahead of us for Charlotte.

Not necessarily.  Rutgers at 8-4 could easily be taken ahead of USF at 9-3... remember, their fans travel better than USF fans.  Root for L'ville next week (11/29).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Papajohns bowl is as low as it gets. We deserve better.

no.

the Canada Moose Bowl playing a MAC team is even lower.

no bowl at all is even lower still.

if USF wants to prove that we "deserve better," we need to win the games that count... our conference games.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Birmingham is a fine town.  The stadium was crappy, and the team we played was crappy, but don't knock the town.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Well we're not even being considered by the Sun then.  If Uconn goes there, I expect Meineke to take Rutgers.  Back to PJC or off to Toronto.

If Rutgers loses and we win, they can not be taken ahead of us.

You are correct sir!

Have we determined that there is there a 2-game rule, and that it applies to overall record?  I have not seen it in writing anywhere, other than speculation.

• Content Count:  856

Birmingham is a fine town.  The stadium was crappy, and the team we played was crappy, but don't knock the town.

depends on what side of birmingham youre talking about.  the side where legion's field is, is pretty run down.  i remember when we went out the night before the bowl game last it was like a **** ghost town.  however, when we flew into birmingham for the auburn game, that side of the city going towards auburn was VERY nice....upscale, etc etc.

• Content Count:  7,511
  • Days Won:  10

Birmingham is ok.  The huge problem was that we played the weekend before Christmas, which was on a Monday.  Practically EVERYTHING was closed in the downtown area for the Christmas holidays.  There not much to do on Friday, as a result, except for the FABULOUS evening at Dreamland BBQ.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

birmingham blew my noots.  our bowls suck.

i really hope we can go to charlotte - at least we'd get a decent opponent in a nice atmosphere.

how many people do yall realistically think we would bring to canada?  can most of everyone here even point to toronto on a map?

• Content Count:  856

birmingham blew my noots.  our bowls suck.

i really hope we can go to charlotte - at least we'd get a decent opponent in a nice atmosphere.

how many people do yall realistically think we would bring to canada?  can most of everyone here even point to toronto on a map?

what are you talking ABOOT?  i hear toronto is nice, eh?

• Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

hopefully the big east gets a contract with some better quality bowls one day. going back to papajohns.com bowl would be terrible

hopefully usf will beat  teams they are favorite over so usf will play in  a bcs game

Archived