• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Bowl

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone:

If we wind up in El Paso, make sure to look at our charter packages.  We will have USF only flights that will hopefully be less expensive that what you are finding commercially right now and it will be all USF.  Stay tuned as we get closer and we'll be sure to keep you updated.  This would hold true for all bowl games.

And as several of you like to remind people about, make sure you buy your tickets through USF.

Eric

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Hey everyone:

If we wind up in El Paso, make sure to look at our charter packages.  We will have USF only flights that will hopefully be less expensive that what you are finding commercially right now and it will be all USF.  Stay tuned as we get closer and we'll be sure to keep you updated.  This would hold true for all bowl games.

And as several of you like to remind people about, make sure you buy your tickets through USF.

Eric

Do they add planes as one fills up?  We looked into booking through the Bulls Club for the Meineke game 2 years ago and it was sold out.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hey everyone:

Eric

Also, are later flights available.i.e. after 7 on Friday if for the Charlotte Bowl?

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

mazza and co

if cal is in i know at least 10 people that will go

• Content Count:  1,158

Nothing is set or finalized yet, just wanted to let you know that this will be an option for folks.  We have added planes as they fill up in the past, with slightly different departure times obviously.  We'll keep you posted but we don't have any tentative times or dates as of yet.

Eric

In addition, most fans on this coast don't know much about or care much about Pac-10 teams. Kinda like most fans on the West Coast don't pay as much attention to the Big East. Playing an ACC team in Charlotte > Playing a Pac-10 team in El Paso

this is a bowl game

many intersectional  games occur

isnt it intriguing playing a team you will most likely never play again?

• Content Count:  108

I too would prefer Charlotte or Jacksonville, but I brought it up for the airline question.  It would be cool to play a PAC 10 team though.  Get our name out there on the Left Coast as a major football player.

Does anyone recall any airline giving discounts from certain cities to certain cities for bowl game purposes??  This is what we have to hope for if we end up in Old El Paso.  I'll call it the Salsa Bowl.

I would check with Southwest.

I don't thin we're going to Sun.  I think that is going to WVU/UConn loser.  I just don't see it, unless we blow out Pitt by 50 and make a huge jump in rankings.  Conn will have finished with a better in conference record.  I can definitely see us going to Meineke, if we win.  Lose at Pitt, and it's off to Toronto or Birmingham.

your analysis seems correct

why would usf get a better bowl than cincy or uconn?

I too would prefer Charlotte or Jacksonville, but I brought it up for the airline question.  It would be cool to play a PAC 10 team though.  Get our name out there on the Left Coast as a major football player.

Does anyone recall any airline giving discounts from certain cities to certain cities for bowl game purposes??  This is what we have to hope for if we end up in Old El Paso.  I'll call it the Salsa Bowl.

cal would be fun

they have fast althletic football players

• Content Count:  5,241

If Uconn wins I see WVU getting an at large BCS bid and Uconn will get an automatic for being Big east champs.

That would be best scenario for us going to gator bowl.

I think Car Care bowl or sun bowl is most likely thou.

Archived