• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nov 18 Bowl Projections (CFN)

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

I wish they would swap out FSU for Clemson so we can have a Florida showdown.

I am thinking that FSU-USF in the Gator Bowl would put a lot of butts in the seats. Not much for the hotels........

and that is where the balance has to be at.... Jacksonville is nice, when visiting, but I would never stay there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

I wish they would swap out FSU for Clemson so we can have a Florida showdown.

I am thinking that FSU-USF in the Gator Bowl would put a lot of butts in the seats. Mot much for the hotels........

USF in Gator Bowl = Lots of USF fans in J-ville ;D

• Content Count:  1,757

USF vs. FSU in the Gator would all but guarantee them a sellout.  They'd be fools to pass up the chance at this matchup between two schools less than 4 hours away each.  Not to mention the novelty effect for a good TV audience.  The TV possibility would be extra interesting if FSU could nock off the Gators this weekend.  It'd kinda be like the State of Florida Championship game, old blood vs. new blood, etc...   

I'd imagine attendance/ticket sales and TV draw would be the two biggest factors in the bowl selection process.  Full hotel rooms for the city is nice, but it's not the driving $ force for the Bowl itself. 

At 4 hours each way, I think I'd get a hotel room anyway to help enjoy the trip a bit more.   

• Content Count:  6,928

USF vs. FSU in the Gator would all but guarantee them a sellout.  They'd be fools to pass up the chance at this matchup between two schools less than 4 hours away each.  Not to mention the novelty effect for a good TV audience.  The TV possibility would be extra interesting if FSU could nock off the Gators this weekend.  It'd kinda be like the State of Florida Championship game, old blood vs. new blood, etc...   

I'd imagine attendance/ticket sales and TV draw would be the two biggest factors in the bowl selection process.  Full hotel rooms for the city is nice, but it's not the driving $ force for the Bowl itself. 

At 4 hours each way, I think I'd get a hotel room anyway to help enjoy the trip a bit more.   

Sounds good to me.

Get it done!!!

• Content Count:  2,277

Me too.  Especially being on the 1st.  Go up on New Years Eve and spend the evening there partying.  Then go to the game on the 1st and head home sometime there after.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Pipe Dream the ACC has rules that 100 percent prevent FSU from the Gator Bowl.

• Content Count:  500

Pipe Dream the ACC has rules that 100 percent prevent FSU from the Gator Bowl.

Thats news to me. Wasnt it like 3-4 years ago they beatdown WVU in the Gator?

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Charlotte or Jacksonville, bring on the Noles!!!!

that would be the dream scenario for USF fans to cap off the season, cuz unless we get FSU in a bowl game, we're not gonna get to play them for a while....  THEY SKURD!!

• Content Count:  21,017
  • Days Won:  38

I don't understand bowl politics.  I keep trying but it is really confusing to me.  This seems like a no-brainer for USF and FSU but ok.

Archived