• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's official: Chris(tina) Fowler is an idiot

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

the problem with the current system is the voters ask themselves who deserves to be #2 based on their opinion. the question they should ask is based on the wins and loses so far in the season who deserves to be #2. at that point in time we deserved to be number 1. preseason rankings shouldn't matter as they are proven wrong every year. at this point in time we should be ranked in the twenties but human voters see we lost three straight and rank us lower than the likes of michigan and auburn which is a complete joke. the ucf getting a vote in coaches poll should be enough evidence to get rid of the coaches in the bcs equation

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

My only problem with the statement is that I don't see it as a shocker. We were coming off a win over Auburn on the road, and we beat WVU at their place last season with White and Slaton doing zilch against us.

Look at Slaton's career numbers against USF, not good.

If he wants to say that we shouldn't have been ranked No. 2, I think there will be a big following to that, but to say the win over WVU was a shocker is just ignorant.

I would say I was more "shocked" with our win over Auburn. First win over an SEC opponent, on the road where Auburn hadn't lost at night in like 3 seasons.

Officially, it doesn't matter. It is a way for them to bury the real shockers like App State over Mich, or Colorado over Oklahoma. You can't continually bring up how their darling programs lost to completely inferior teams, so you pick on WVU and USF. It diminishes what both programs have done, and in the long run takes another shot at the Big East.

I really hope that WVU gets to play an SEC team in the BCS. In the perfect world, they would get some help and play LSU for the national championship game, but I want them to have a chance to dominate a team from a "better" conference.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with BobCat.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

His opinion, but how is it shocking when we beat a team at home that we beat on the road last year?

• Content Count:  997

It wasn't, but we didn't. He isn't.

I like what you did with that whole "(tina)" thing WAY different than the "Chrissy" that got Rome knocked to the ground like a little doll.

• Content Count:  1,235

Yes, because people who state the obvious are idiots.

1. "USF played a great game." We did.

2. "USF did not deserve a #2 ranking." Losses to Rutgers, UConn and Cincinnati have verified this.

I fail to see what's so wrong about his observation.

We did not play a great game.  We had four turnovers.  Who should have been ranked ahead of us?  Cal - you mean the former number 2 team that now has 4 losses?  A bunch of 1 loss teams?  We beat everybody we played at that time.  He said it was "a Shocker".  Do you really think if we played West Virginia again that we would lose?  I think we would beat them at least 8 times out of 10 in Ray Jay at a night game.

• Content Count:  2,277

My only problem with the statement is that I don't see it as a shocker. We were coming off a win over Auburn on the road, and we beat WVU at their place last season with White and Slaton doing zilch against us.

If he wants to say that we shouldn't have been ranked No. 2, I think there will be a big following to that, but to say the win over WVU was a shocker is just ignorant.

I would say I was more "shocked" with our win over Auburn. First win over an SEC opponent, on the road where Auburn hadn't lost at night in like 3 seasons.

Officially, it doesn't matter. It is a way for them to bury the real shockers like App State over Mich, or Colorado over Oklahoma. You can't continually bring up how their darling programs lost to completely inferior teams, so you pick on WVU and USF. It diminishes what both programs have done, and in the long run takes another shot at the Big East.

I really hope that WVU gets to play an SEC team in the BCS. In the perfect world, they would get some help and play LSU for the national championship game, but I want them to have a chance to dominate a team from a "better" conference.

That's what I thought about his comments.  There is no way in hell that you could call Team A beating Team B at Team A's home a SHOCKER when Team A just BEAT Team B at Team B's home the year before.  Where's the shocker here? ???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

That's what I thought about his comments.  There is no way in hell that you could call Team A beating Team B at Team A's home a SHOCKER when Team A just BEAT Team B at Team B's home the year before.  Where's the shocker here? ???

Exactly. That is just an ignorant, uninformed statement on Fowler's part ..... It's pretty amazing that some USF fans are actually agreeing with him on that .... The Auburn win was a lot more shocking.

• Content Count:  1,412

He was great on Scholastic Sports America.... What is he doing now?

• Content Count:  701

we deserved it for a week

Archived