• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's official: Chris(tina) Fowler is an idiot

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

From the Tampa Tribune: Bulls Beat / A NON BULLIEVER

ESPN's Chris Fowler said when this crazy football season ends, USF over West Virginia will rank as one of the biggest shockers.

"In retrospect, was USF deserving of a No. 2 ranking?" Fowler said. "Of course not.

"I think USF beating West Virginia, if you look back at the end of the year, that will be a shocker. That was fueled by six WVU turnovers. USF played a great game, but that's one of the games, if you look back, that still stands as a surprise."

Also...

1115bulls310.jpgCourtesy of the Tampa Tribune

That's just not fair, is it?!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, because people who state the obvious are idiots.

1. "USF played a great game." We did.

2. "USF did not deserve a #2 ranking." Losses to Rutgers, UConn and Cincinnati have verified this.

I fail to see what's so wrong about his observation.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,596
  • Days Won:  29

USF won 5 in a row to start a season and deserved the ranking ... same as any other team.

Obviously, when you lose 3 you don't deserve to be ranked  ::)

People talk about WVU's 6 TO's  :o USF had 4 ... a 2 TO difference is no bigga deal. I think WVU was favored by 3, not that big of an upset.

Yes, it was "one of the games" ... and so was Auburn.

People forget that USF "caused" many of the TO's against opponents. What is really stupid about these statements regarding TO's is that USF should actually be undefeated with this silly rational ... so we should be ranked #1

:pick

Fowler's comments are no different than an internet idiot.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

Nice on how Fowler failed to mention that USF beat Auburn on the road in a night game. How can anyone say that USF didnt deserve  #2 at the time? Heck, you could have made a argument that USF deserved #1 over OHIO ST at the time because USF beat two ranked teams and the computer ratings were huge. Case in point, if USF would have took care of the balll then USF would be #1 right now. Instead, we beat ourselves in against Rutgers, UCONN, and Cincy. Go watch those games again and tell me that USF is not the better team. How could that idiot Fowler make such an assumption?? Looks like Fowler cant stand the fact that USF is a stong team that is going to help the BIG EAST in the long run. I wish USF would schedule a home and home against his Colorado Buffs just to get his attention while USF slaughers his alma mater.

• Content Count:  4,738

USF won 5 in a row to start a season and deserved the ranking ... same as any other team.

While I think we deserved the ranking I'll admit we kind of got lucky that so many ranked teams lost.  We could have easily went on the same run and plateaued as a top ten team.

• Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

Teams lose all the time. I dont think you can call that being lucky. We just took care of business at the time while the others didnt. All the elitist critics were upset that USF was #2 which is why USF took so many shots from the media and fans. If USF was a team like Ohio ST, we would have been the best thing since sliced bread at the time.

• Content Count:  1,037

no offense  but " who cares at this point" the past is the past,  lets get there again next year and stay there and it will shut up these people!!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

For giving his opinion? I think he's good outside of his remarks at Ary in 2003

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

2. "USF did not deserve a #2 ranking." Losses to Rutgers, UConn and Cincinnati have verified this.

USF certainly did not play a great game against WVU.  What was most impressive about the AU and WVU wins was that a lot of breaks went against us and we still managed to win. 

• Content Count:  1,985

Simply not true, at the time we were ranked #2 we were in deed the second best, by computer rankings some say best, team in the country.  Are we number 2 now? No, because of the losses.  By your logic, OSU should never have been #1.  At the time, the writers, coaches, and statistical analysis all agreed.  Why is it now everyone feels that is overrated.  Again, only going back a year, did all the talking heads come out in January and say, wow, OSU was overrated all year?  They got their heads handed to them by #2, yet this discussion did not go on.  Maybe it did and I did not care.  But I am sick of hearing that it was an over-ranking, and a mistake to put us there.

The mistake was losing at Futgers, if we won that game I do not believe the other two losses would have followed.

So next season we will play strong, beat Kansas, beat WVU (again), destroy UCF (again), start undefeated, and be ranked 18th for the first 6 weeks as everyone will be so afraid to make that mistake again.  At the end of the year we will hold the BE championship and be able to raise it, and a large middle finger to the country.

Oh, but then they will just say how weak the BE is, and how if we were in the SEC we would not have been ranked at all.

Archived