• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's official: Chris(tina) Fowler is an idiot

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, we didn't deserve the #2 spot.  Thinking about it when we first were #2 I couldn't believe it.

BUT....beating WV should NOT be a shocker.  We've beat them 2/3 times.

I disagree....well, slightly.

I think we DESERVD #2 based on the events that happened in the early season, but we were not a true #2 caliber team

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  695

USF deserved to be where they were because the only way to judge a team is by their body of work. That is why if I was ranking the teams I would still not rank Hawaii in the top 25 even though they are undefeated. I would put a 4 loss Auburn ahead of Hawaii without question. If Hawaii wins a BCS bowl then i'll give them credit but with their regular season schedule, any BCS conference team could go undefeated except maybe Syracuse and Baylor because Washington would probably beat those teams and maybe Boise.

• Content Count:  2,277

To say that beating WVU was a shocker, really shows his lack of credibility.  As many have already stated in this thread how is it a shocker when we beat them last year in their house.  How is it a shocker when USF were only 7 pt underdog.  7pt underdogs win every week in college football.

It has been evident for years that Fowler dislikes the Big East.  Every chance he gets he takes shots at the BE.

I would argue with anyone that the BE is the best football conference (I really do not think the BE is the best, but definitely top 3 this year).  I have really thought about starting a thread on this, but I have been holding off.

For people to say that we did not deserver the #2 rank is crazy.  Who deserved it more then use BC, ASU, KU or OSU?  Those were the only undefeated teams at the time from BCS conf.  Teams are to be judged on their body of work to the current date.  After week 7 we had the 2 best wins in all of college football... we may still have the 2 best wins.  At that the time everyone knows we would of been #1 if we had a different name on our helmets.

College football is a popularity contest and we were crashing the party @ #2 and a bulk of the national media did not like it.  Do we deserver to be ranked at 6-3, I think not, but why is Michigan ranked they are 8-3 with a real bad loss, or how about 8-3 Wisconsin that only has 1 win against Ill, or 8-3 Tenn their only win is Georgia, or 8-3 UF who has only beaten Kentucky and my favorite is Auburn @ 7-4 with their only win against UF and while they are not ranked now, they are still getting more votes then 7-3 USF.  Just food for thought if USC's lost to Stanford was really so bad why are they ranked?

We made it to #2 and deserved it, next time we will keep our high ranking and play in a BCS game.

GO BULLS!!!

Very well put!  My thoughts exactly.

• Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

Some of you guys are forgetting what the situation was like when we were ranked #2.  At the time, we definitely deserved the ranking.  Of course if you look at the team now, they are not the #2 team but that is after much more of the season has gone by.  At the time, we had played a tough schedule and won some pretty big games.  Don't give me turnover BS.  If you win you win.

Remember that practically all of the top rated teams (preseason rankings are meaningless) were not able to do that simple thing: win.

That is why we shot all the way up to #2. 

Now look at us, not ranked and if we lose another game I wonder if we will end the season ranked.  If we can end this year with a  spot in the rankings it would have been a good year in terms of team improvement.

• Content Count:  2,511

Guys, we didn't deserve the #2 spot.  Thinking about it when we first were #2 I couldn't believe it.

I think we DESERVD #2 based on the events that happened in the early season, but we were not a true #2 caliber team

Wrong.

The computers said we were number two.  They are unbiased, and I trust them more than every coach voter or every Harris poll clown.

As far as I am concerned, Fowler is analogous to that #2 that I left in the loo.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, because people who state the obvious are idiots.

1. "USF played a great game." We did.

2. "USF did not deserve a #2 ranking." Losses to Rutgers, UConn and Cincinnati have verified this.

I fail to see what's so wrong about his observation.

Let's see USF beat two Top 25 teams which was more than any OTHER TEAM IN THE COUNTRY had done to date. People like to undersell our West Virginia victory yet look where WVU is ranked. USF lost three very close game despite playing like crap and a newbie offensive coordinator.

Did Ohio State deserve it's #1 ranking? Look at who they played and looked who they lost to last week. USF deserved to be number two. Finally, the teams USF has lost two went on to be ranked so it's not like we lost a couple of chumps.

• Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

Did BC deserved to be #2??? Nope!!! Does Oregon deserve to be #2??? Nope!!!! Please tell me how a team deserves a ranking if you want to agree with Fowler.

• Content Count:  2,307

That's what I meant.  Thanks.

Archived