• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the battle for 5th place in big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

very disappointing year for bulls that had 20 returning starters

what will happen next year?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Next year's BE schedule is going to be tricky with trips to WVU, Cincy and Louisville.

• Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

we have to play them somewhat early in the year. we cant go up there in november we will freeze up and lose

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Probably will not reach No.2 in the BCS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

we go 0fer in the BE and Leavitt is fired ....

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It will be if we do finish 5th.  I am expecting to finish 3rd in the BE (albeit tied for 3rd).  Considering that so many of the returning starters were sophomores and then throw in so many freshman that have emerged, it is maybe not as disappointing as you may think.

We have a very good chance to challenge for the BE title again for many years to come and may be favored next year going into the season.  No other team has as many freshman and sophomore contributors.  We still lacked depth and we still need to mature as a team.  We aren't far away.  next year will be the time it has to come together.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I would agree with 3rd place in BE next year.

Cinci, WVU, and Louisville on the road sucks...  We will probably drop two of three.

I think our running game improves. 

worried about special teams and O Line.

WOrried about Defense with some of the guys we are losing after this year.  Can we shut WVU down again.  Will we get run on like Rutgers did.

I think 3rd place is realistic for 08.  I'd go for first place for 09 though.

IF we win out, and win our bowl game, we will end in the top 25.  If that happens, I think we will be the second best recruiting school in Florida (behind UF) starting with the upcoming signing period.  The next two years will be very good to us due to awesome recruiting..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

Cinci, WVU, and Louisville on the road sucks...  We will probably drop two of three.

WOrried about Defense with some of the guys we are losing after this year.  Can we shut WVU down again.  Will we get run on like Rutgers did.

IF we win out, and win our bowl game, we will end in the top 25.  If that happens, I think we will be the second best recruiting school in Florida (behind UF) starting with the upcoming signing period.    The next two years will be very good to us due to awesome recruiting..

I have to disagree with this bolded statement. Miami-- even with the lousy year they are having has a large and highly touted class already. We have something like 18 commits and we are ranked much much lower. I would be surprised if we had better "rated" recruits than any of the Big Three. It's just the reality of the situation. We've done fine without the highly ranked recruiting classes so far-- but I expect them to get more and more of those big names in years to come.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

IF we win out, and win our bowl game, we will end in the top 25.  If that happens, I think we will be the second best recruiting school in Florida (behind UF) starting with the upcoming signing period.   The next two years will be very good to us due to awesome recruiting..

I'm still thinking tied for 3rd this year.  I think we compete for 1st next year.

Cincy will go 1-1.  I believe we win out.  We finish tied with Cincy at 4-3 behind WVU and UCONN.

Archived