• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the battle for 5th place in big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I would agree with 3rd place in BE next year.

Cinci, WVU, and Louisville on the road sucks...  We will probably drop two of three.

I think our running game improves. 

worried about special teams and O Line.

WOrried about Defense with some of the guys we are losing after this year.  Can we shut WVU down again.  Will we get run on like Rutgers did.

I think 3rd place is realistic for 08.  I'd go for first place for 09 though.

IF we win out, and win our bowl game, we will end in the top 25.  If that happens, I think we will be the second best recruiting school in Florida (behind UF) starting with the upcoming signing period.   The next two years will be very good to us due to awesome recruiting..

I'm still thinking tied for 3rd this year.  I think we compete for 1st next year.

Cincy will go 1-1.  I believe we win out.  We finish tied with Cincy at 4-3 behind WVU and UCONN.

we will do worse next year

we had 20 returning starters this year

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

very disappointing year for bulls that had 20 returning starters

what will happen next year?

It will be if we do finish 5th.  I am expecting to finish 3rd in the BE (albeit tied for 3rd).  Considering that so many of the returning starters were sophomores and then throw in so many freshman that have emerged, it is maybe not as disappointing as you may think.

We have a very good chance to challenge for the BE title again for many years to come and may be favored next year going into the season.  No other team has as many freshman and sophomore contributors.  We still lacked depth and we still need to mature as a team.  We aren't far away.  next year will be the time it has to come together.

i wouldnt say we competed for big east title this year

and we certainly didnt last year

guys we are closer to bottom than top

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

very disappointing year for bulls that had 20 returning starters

what will happen next year?

It will be if we do finish 5th.  I am expecting to finish 3rd in the BE (albeit tied for 3rd).  Considering that so many of the returning starters were sophomores and then throw in so many freshman that have emerged, it is maybe not as disappointing as you may think.

We have a very good chance to challenge for the BE title again for many years to come and may be favored next year going into the season.  No other team has as many freshman and sophomore contributors.  We still lacked depth and we still need to mature as a team.  We aren't far away.  next year will be the time it has to come together.

i wouldnt say we competed for big east title this year

and we certainly didnt last year

guys we are closer to bottom than top

No way.  We beat ourselves in the games we lost. We were not beaten by an opponent in any game.  A lot of that was a function of the youth on this team.  There were times we had 7 freshman in the game on offense at one time plus 2 sophs.  9 out of 11  players freshman or sophs. No team i know of  played that kind of youth.  All the mistakes are correctable.  This year was a learning experience on a lot of levels.  The offense was simialr in make up of the defense of 2004.  That is the team that  started jenkins, Trae, Moffitt and Verpaele as freshman and Nicholas and St. louis of defense.  That defense made a lot of mistakes too.  the following year they started to become dominant.  You are already seeing that from this offense.  In today's Trib, Brett quoted a stat that said over the course of the last several games this offense has put up enough yardage to be a top 7 offense. Thats against 3 top 15 defenses.  Once they figure out how to put the ball in the end zone and stop shooting themselves in the foot, this offense will be awesome.  There is something to be said about experience and there is a reason that most teams don't have a majority of freshman and sophs as the majority of their starters.  This team will mature. 

• Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

Smazza still the negative liberal I see..... Our offense is going to be fine next year, our D will require a lot of new faces to step up. But CJL always has the D ready.

QB- Grothe, Gregory

RB - Ford, Taylor, Samuels, Plancher, Ben Williams,

FB- Richard Kelly

WR- T.J, Carlton Mitchell, Jessie Hester Jr, Bogan, A.J Love, Marcus Edwards, (Colby Erskin)

TE- Busbee, Cedric Hill,  

OL- Griffin, Schmidt, Herman, Huners, Dile,

DE- Selvie, Harris

DT-

LB- Mckenzie, Mompremier,

DB- Gachette, Allen, Murphy, Carlton Williams,

K/P- Alverado, Teachey

• Content Count:  4,642

we're setting up for a pretty amazing recruiting class... just wait - i think we'll challenge even more even after losing our top players next year

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Smazza still the negative liberal I see..... Our offense is going to be fine next year, our D will require a lot of new faces to step up. But CJL always has the D ready.

QB- Grothe, Gregory

RB - Ford, Taylor, Samuels, Plancher, Ben Williams,

FB- Richard Kelly

WR- T.J, Carlton Mitchell, Jessie Hester Jr, Bogan, A.J Love, Marcus Edwards, (Colby Erskin)

TE- Busbee, Cedric Hill,  

OL- Griffin, Schmidt, Herman, Huners, Dile,

DE- Selvie, Harris

DT-

LB- Mckenzie, Mompremier,

DB- Gachette, Allen, Murphy, Carlton Williams,

K/P- Alverado, Teachey

You left a few off that have already seen significant playing time.  First of all, Buie will probably be back.  Hermann has started every game so far as a freshman on the OL.  Genus has played a good amount as a freshman. On defense, McClain has seen some decent playing time at DT.  At LB don't forget that Chris Robinson and Donte Spires were competing for starting jobs right up until the week of the Elon game.  At DB expect Tyler roberts to step into one of the starting positions.

Next year's D will be almost as good as this year.  The offense will be bigger, stronger, and faster.  The recievers will be a year more experienced.  We are going to be more than fine at LB.  Don't forget we also just signed Kion Wilson from Juco.  He's a big time LB.  There will be some dropoff at DB, but not enough to hurt us significantly.  The offense will be light years ahaead of where we are now.  It's setting up to be an awesome run.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I say we're second in the Big East next year, right after WVU.

We'll go to the Gator Bowl.

Mark it down....11-13-07 0830

• Content Count:  21,309
  • Days Won:  10

Smazza, we did have 20 returning starters but we had injuries and starters who could not catch the ball.

Jim

• Content Count:  500

You left a few off that have already seen significant playing time.  First of all, Buie will probably be back.  Hermann has started every game so far as a freshman on the OL.  Genus has played a good amount as a freshman. On defense, McClain has seen some decent playing time at DT.  At LB don't forget that Chris Robinson and Donte Spires were competing for starting jobs right up until the week of the Elon game.  At DB expect Tyler roberts to step into one of the starting positions.

Next year's D will be almost as good as this year.  The offense will be bigger, stronger, and faster.  The recievers will be a year more experienced.  We are going to be more than fine at LB.  Don't forget we also just signed Kion Wilson from Juco.  He's a big time LB.  There will be some dropoff at DB, but not enough to hurt us significantly.  The offense will be light years ahaead of where we are now.  It's setting up to be an awesome run.

Archived