• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the battle for 5th place in big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Either 1 or 2 in the BE next year...competing with WV.  UConn could still be a surprise but isn't their QB a senior?  Hopefully they'll fall off the map again.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You left a few off that have already seen significant playing time.  First of all, Buie will probably be back.  Hermann has started every game so far as a freshman on the OL.  Genus has played a good amount as a freshman. On defense, McClain has seen some decent playing time at DT.  At LB don't forget that Chris Robinson and Donte Spires were competing for starting jobs right up until the week of the Elon game.  At DB expect Tyler roberts to step into one of the starting positions.

Next year's D will be almost as good as this year.  The offense will be bigger, stronger, and faster.  The recievers will be a year more experienced.  We are going to be more than fine at LB.  Don't forget we also just signed Kion Wilson from Juco.  He's a big time LB.  There will be some dropoff at DB, but not enough to hurt us significantly.  The offense will be light years ahaead of where we are now.  It's setting up to be an awesome run.

Zach Herman was listed, by the way I ate lunch with him every day of h/s. Buie was listed as a senior not sure if he redshirted. I never said the D would be bad, I just said a lot of the familiar faces we have seen for the last couple years will be gone, and there will be new faces that will be the leaders.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Could we see Tyson Butler in the mix at DB also? I haven't followed too much, but isn't he redshirting this season as a RB/DB? I don't think there is going to be much room at RB any time soon, but he could step in as a DB and compete for a spot.

I know we are just talking about guys with some experience, but I seem to remember everyone being pretty high on this guy as well.

• Content Count:  500

Could we see Tyson Butler in the mix at DB also? I haven't followed too much, but isn't he redshirting this season as a RB/DB? I don't think there is going to be much room at RB any time soon, but he could step in as a DB and compete for a spot.

I know we are just talking about guys with some experience, but I seem to remember everyone being pretty high on this guy as well.

ESPN has Butler listed as a DB on the depth charts. I'm fairly confident he will be looking to play corner come Spring practice.

• Content Count:  403

Yes, we did have 20 returning starters, however, it's not like they were all seniors.  We had 20 returning YOUNG starters that will be even better next year.

The injuries that we've had this year have given even more young guys a chance to play.  We'll be fine next year.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Smazza, we did have 20 returning starters but we had injuries and starters who could not catch the ball.

Jim

who is going to catch ball next year?

we will have inexperienced people both sides of the ball

you guys are still dreaming

Either 1 or 2 in the BE next year...competing with WV.  UConn could still be a surprise but isn't their QB a senior?  Hopefully they'll fall off the map again.

usf hasnt finished 1 or 2 ever but alot of you think next year is the year dispite fact that we will have plenty of new faces

go figure!

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Hey, Smazza... how are your ankles feeling?

ESPN has Butler listed as a DB on the depth charts. I'm fairly confident he will be looking to play corner come Spring practice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Smazza, we did have 20 returning starters but we had injuries and starters who could not catch the ball.

Jim

who is going to catch ball next year?

Good Lord, do you even watch the games ..... ever look at a roster?

Archived