• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the battle for 5th place in big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

ESPN has Butler listed as a DB on the depth charts. I'm fairly confident he will be looking to play corner come Spring practice.

they were starters last year

the sophomore/frosh thing is another excuse for failure

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

09 is our year, I expected 8-4 this year, maybe a step back at 7-5 next year and then in 09 we should win the Big East and challenge potentially for the national title. That is assuming Ford, Selvie, and others don't leave which is possible. Hell, Selvie could leave after THIS season.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

09 is our year, I expected 8-4 this year, maybe a step back at 7-5 next year and then in 09 we should win the Big East and challenge potentially for the national title. That is assuming Ford, Selvie, and others don't leave which is possible. Hell, Selvie could leave after THIS season.

Selvie is far from being ready to leave after this year.  He isn't big enough and hasn't really shown he is quite a dominating force against bigger, more experienced lineman.  He is stil learning to play the game. Right now he is doing it mostly on sheer athleticism.  Same as Pierson did.  He had no clue how to play the game.  Was just a superior athlete.  He made a huge mistake coming out so early.  If Selvie were to come out now (which I don't expect), that would be an equally poor mistake.

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

I don't expect him to come out after this year, was just saying he could. However, if he has another great year next year he might not stay. Plus after next year we will lose Mompremier and McKenzie from our LB corps so if theres early dections like Selvie, or Ford that could ruin our chances.

And yes Ford can leave after next year, he can actually leave after this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Just a note about Ford and the possibility of having/not having him around.  Grades are a big problem with Mike.  Wouldn't count on him for much more than next year, if that.  That comes from someone who knew him in high school.

Archived